News on Jordan Horston's injury?

Mimi#1

I was not able to see all the game last night, but I know that Jordan Horston was injured. What was the extent of her injury? Is she sidelined for a little while, a few weeks, or for the season?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Lower extremity injury. She is day-to-day. So, not serious.

Jim
I know that the new common phrasing in college sports is to be as vague as possible.
Not just Tennessee but most schools.
Anyway, do we know if lower extremity means the knee or the foot in this situation?

Copper Fit could become a sponsor for Jordy Horston if their compression energy products can be shown to alleviate her ailment.

She took a big hit the UMass player should have gotten ejected

Speaking of taking big hits, several times during that game I was about ready to storm the court to put one on THIS guy, official Douglas Knight. He was the worst, and as chummy as he was with the UMass coach I wondered if they were longtime friends. If you ever see this guy out in public, be sure to remind him there are plenty of other professions he could, and should go into besides being a basketball official. As far as I know, being able to see is a requirement to hold that job, and clearly this guy either has bad vision or was having mini strokes throughout the game.

53F95377-DE15-4165-AB3E-B635E3BA0424.jpeg

gule thoughts on the state of the team:

#1 whoever neglected to teach Wynn that a popup jumper is an asset she should learn should be horse whipped!
#2 Miles is going to be awesome soon. mark it down!
#3 Giving up offensive rebounds, not allowed, Dammit!
#4 see #3

gule thoughts on the state of the team:

#1 whoever neglected to teach Wynn that a popup jumper is an asset she should learn should be horse whipped!
#2 Miles is going to be awesome soon. mark it down!
#3 Giving up offensive rebounds, not allowed, Dammit!
#4 see #3

What have you seen from Miles that makes you think she will be awesome?
Other than very intense defense, what does she do well?
Poor shooter
Commits TOs
Undersized
So far this season she has a negative 5.3 player efficiency rating! Last year it was only 7.
For both this year and last year she has been a basement dweller in most statistical categories.

I hope your hunch is right, but I can't see it.

While Horston is healing, I would like to see Puckett and Hollingshead pick up some minutes.

Good news....
88b37743-76cd-4658-8d6e-82861e3efd73-kns-Lady_hoops_texas_SY_3189.jpg

I do think Jordan was blocked but the ref standing right there deemed incidental contact. I thought the refs allowed a lot of contact on both sides. I thought it was what kept the game closer than it should have been in the first half. Jordan continues to force plays and that is not helping the team. It also puts her in harms way unnecessarily.

Here is the point of contact...

The player from Umass was late getting positioned to draw the offensive charge . She also leaned into Jordan to make contact forcefully! She is playing dirty bb and I think she had a intention to hurt Jordan ….. Like Cunningham used to ! Just My Opinion. 🤷‍♂️

The player from Umass was late getting positioned to draw the offensive charge . She also leaned into Jordan to make contact forcefully! She is playing dirty bb and I think she had a intention to hurt Jordan ….. Like Cunningham used to ! Just My Opinion. 🤷‍♂️

Come on, it was a basketball play. Nothing more.

Nope. Disagree. This *ish should not be tolerated. Knees forward is not a functional way of moving. Knees bent and a$$ back is functional. This is dirty! For comparison, look at Candace Parker in the semis against Connecticut. Alyssa Thomas sticks her knees forward, which again is completely not functional and knees Candace right in the thigh. People do not move like that, and NO high level athlete moves like that. After that game I am 100 sure she was hampered by that contusion and that is why the Sky lost. This should not be allowed. It is dirty and I. The instance of Candace Parker and Tennessee, the contact is allowing less athletic, less talented players just cuz they are the underdog or shorter to even the playing field. Does women’s basketball really wants to allow the less athletic and shorter player get away with crap just to champion the severe underdog? I would submit that it cheapens all of women’s basketball.

Last edited:
When they copy nba no charge area. You get players trying to plow their way to the basket. When they could pull up and hit a jump shot. Chamique Holdsclaw had a good jump shot. Why do today's players not have pump fake or some other move.? who ever making rules want contact.

Great news. But how long will Jordy be out? and will she come back the same? Rae, wasn't the same, didn't play like Rae when she came back. Don't let it go to your head girl. Mental?

Jordy just had a season ending injury, so I know mentally she went through it and goin' through it. How quick she mentally bounce back is the key. See, adversity already, we will find out how tough Jordy is, hopefully she is tough like her head coach. Jordy, I think you are the best player in the country, Jordy, you can snatch the No #1 pick from Boston, especially if they they see Rhyme Howard like game, it depends on how you attack this season mentally, cos physically you are gifted, play strong, don't shrink yourself. The only person who can stop you from being great is you. Speedy recovery.

Defense, Rebounding and good Guard play wins Championships.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back