SyracuseVol

Hey all. I just wanted to make a post to introduce myself. I'm a junior at Syracuse University who is a HUGE UT fan. My mom went to UT (class of 70-something), and have been enamored with the school for as long as I've known. I've been to two games in Neyland Stadium ('99 homecoming v Memphis, '01 opener v Syracuse), and it has been the best football experience anyone could ever imagine. 107,000 true football fans right on top of one another going nuts for their team. I love the UT campus, love the players, fans, area, everything. I would've even gone to UT had it been more suitable to my broadcasting aspirations. I even got to meet both Phil Fulmer and Bob Kesling thanks to my mom's alumni connections in 2001. :) Phil was extremely nice to me, posed for a picture and everything following a practice.

Well anyway I just needed an outlet to talk college football, because college ball just is not the same up here in the Northeast. And this seemed to be the best Vols website/forum out there. :D In the NYC area where I'm from, and in Syracuse, college football just doesn't invoke the same passion, and is most certainly not as year-round as UT football is. I've gone to every Carrier Dome home game for the last 2 years... while it is GREAT, and I mean GREAT for basketball, its football is terrible. Even when its full and loud, its just not a great experience. Football was meant to be played outdoors, feeling the elements, the open air, grass, etc. Plus, Syracuse fans are just awful. Once it hits about 10 mins left in the 3rd quarter, they find ANY excuse to leave the game early. Its rough. And, Big East football in general is an inferior brand of football. People in the northeast who tell you otherwise are kidding themselves.

I've been watching the UNLV game and have certainly enjoyed what I've seen. Vick Jr. and Ainge both have their own great qualities, and it seems like Phil has been utilizing both of their skills well. I LOVE the checking-off both have been doing. About time Randy Sanders showed a little creativity! Its weird... both SU and UT are starting true freshmen this year. Except UT is good, and SU isn't, lol. Hopefully SU can keep UGA and Florida out of this SEC race.

As you can tell from my sig I also am a big Jets and Mets fan. Don't hold it against me. :naughty: Hopefully I can represent the northeast well, and in turn I hope I can stay apprised of all of the UT goings-on via this site. I hope everyone out there savors their trips to Neyland Stadium, I wish I could go more often! Give a "Good ol' Rocky Top... woo!!! Rocky Top Tennessee!" for me if you're in that sea of orange! :) Look forward to talking with y'all.

Welcome to the board - from what little I know about broadcasting, you chose the right school . . . hey, at least they wear orange. :D

Hehe... yup, home of Marv Albert, Bob Costas, etc, etc. I'm hoping to do play-by-play on the radio, so maybe I'll take over for Bob Kesling someday! :D

Haha, yes, I stay with the orange motif no matter which school (or baseball team, for that matter) I root for. Although I may go to school here, and hope that SU does well, my heart still bleeds orange. '01 was my senior year of HS and I was in Neyland Stadium UT-Syracuse wearing orange... Tennessee orange. :good:

Welcome SV!!!

Make yourself at home.

And don't believe what anybody says about me.

:lol:

SyracuseVol welcome aboard.

Ya better believe what we say about LIO, cause we only speak the truth. :p :p

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Glad to have ya.

Sure did. Expect a similar beating several times this year. Including October 9th, when Florida State comes to the Dome. :shakehead: Early prediction: FSU 66 SU 13

VN Store

Back