New world record largemouth bass?

That fish doesn't look healthy. It's shaped kind of funny, and it has red splotches...

It just seems wrong that the world record largemouth could come out of Japan. The one that's held up for 72 years was from Georgia if I'm not mistaken.

Wrong, if only because it is an invasive species in Japan, and thus has a competitive advantage over other fish in the lake.

Someone told me a fish story about the state of Tennessee's record holder. From what was told to me, the fish was caught on Centerhill Lake or somewhere in that general area back in the late 50's or whatever. Anyways, the guy admitted on his deathbed many years later that the fish had about 6 oz. of lead in his belly. Talk about taking something way too serious. Most people confess about paternity issues with kids or secret affairs. This guy felt compelled to confess about fishing. I hope that confession was enough to get him to heaven.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
the one your talking abut with the leade was the record smallmouth caught out of dale hollow, but it couldnt be proven so they let him keep the title

If he were smarter about it he could have lied and said he caught it on a particular type synthetic bait such as a Hula Popper or something like that. THEN he would have earned some serious cash and lifetime contract. Might get that anyways but I surely wouldn't have said it was live bait.

someone told me a fish story about the state of tennessee's record holder. from what was told to me, tge fish was caught on centerhill lake or somewhere in that general area back in the late 50's or whatever. anyways, the guy admitted on his deathbed many years later that the fish had about 6 oz. of lead in his belly. talk about taking something way too serious. most people confess about paternity issues with kids or secret affairs. this guy felt compelled to confess about fishing. I hope that confession was enough to get him to heaven.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I do believe that is the current World record Smallmouth bass caught out of Dale Hollow lake (unless someone has broken the record lately).

I also think it was NOT the one that caught it that confessed, but one of the people at the dock who SECRETLY placed weights in the fish as a joke on the man not realizing it was going to be the World record, and he was confessing his tampering with the fish. Supposedly the one that caught it didn't know any of that went on while he left to go get official scales and such.

At least I think that's the way I read the story many moons ago.

Hey squirell when was the last time a number 1 brice brown and number1 palidary get chosen /

Well, this thread sure descended fast. Of course, I agree that being that it was talking about bass fishing in the football board, it started off bad, but it just went from bad to a lot worse.

VN Store

Back