New Volunteer Cavalry Formation

CAPTAIN--VOL CAVALRY

My name is Capt Parsons. My family has had the same seats in Neyland for 42 years (since the renovation in 1980). I am a VFL and proud of it. Can I get an Amen?

In the past few years I have taken my RV to a ton of games and have always stayed atop the Knoxville Civic Auditorium with a group of other like minded folks. It's been a blast, tailgating at it's finest. So here is the reason for my very 1st post here at Volnation.

It is my intention to hold the initial mustering of the Vol Cavalry on the weekend of September 3rd for any and all like minded fans. I have season tickets for parking my RV atop Garage B, and will be there the weekend of the Ball State Game and most other home games this year signing folks up for the mailing list.

For this year Garage B will be the temporary fort. The idea has been well received after speaking to several folks in the past two years about this idea, and hopefully it will come to fruition this year.

The VOL Navy has made a splash in the past. Lets make some dust.

WHO: ANY AND ALL LIKE MINDED VOLUNTEER RVers, AND CAMPERS
WHAT: VOL CAVALRY FORMATION
WHEN: WEEKEND OF SEPT 3, BALL STATE GAME
WHERE: ATOP KNOXVILLE CIVIC AUDITORIUM GARAGE B
502 HOWARD BAKER ST

PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD

And God Bless Josh Heupel, Tony Vitello, Rick Barnes, and the Newly Formation of the VOLUNTEER CAVALRY

Thanks for the click

Capt Parsons

Last edited:
My name is Capt Parsons. My family has had the same seats in Newland for 42 years (since the renovation in 1980). I am a VFL and proud of it. Can I get an Amen?

In the past few years I have taken my RV to a ton of games and have always stayed atop the Knoxville Civic Auditorium with a group of other like minded folks. It's been a blast, tailgating at it's finest. So here is the reason for my very 1st post here at Volnation.

It is my intention to hold the initial mustering of the Vol Cavalry on the weekend of September 3rd for any and all like minded fans. I have season tickets for parking my RV atop Garage B, and will be there the weekend of the Ball State Game and most other home games this year signing folks up for the mailing list.

For this year Garage B will be the temporary fort. The idea has been well received after speaking to several folks in the past two years about this idea, and hopefully it will come to fruition this year.

The VOL Navy has made a splash in the past. Lets make some dust.

WHO: ANY AND ALL LIKE MINDED VOLUNTEER RVers, AND CAMPERS
WHAT: VOL CALVARY FORMATION
WHEN: WEEKEND OF SEPT 3, BALL STATE GAME
WHERE: ATOP KNOXVILLE CIVIC AUDITORIUM GARAGE B
502 HOWARD BAKER ST

PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD

And God Bless Josh Heupel, Tony Vitello, Rick Barnes, and the Newly Formation of the VOLUNTEER CAVALRY

Thanks for the click

Capt Parsons
Are you thinking cavalry as in mounted soldiers or Calvary as in Golgotha?

Wow, a perfect split. 3 to 3.

Including the thread title, your screen name, and your avatar, as well as the original post, you used "Cavalry" (mounted troops) thrice, and "Calvary" (the place outside Jerusalem where Jesus was crucified, also known as Golgotha) thrice.

It's a tie.

Context says you were going for cavalry, the horse-riding soldiers. But the vote is still tied. :)

Reactions: Samthebam
no tee shirts yet, but stay tuned. thats a wonderful idea for raising funds for the first pig picking and open bar. im sure the troops will approve
Let me know if you want tee shirts or any other imprinted product. I am a promotional products distributor.

Reactions: MAD
Wow, a perfect split. 3 to 3.

Including the thread title, your screen name, and your avatar, as well as the original post, you used "Cavalry" (mounted troops) thrice, and "Calvary" (the place outside Jerusalem where Jesus was crucified, also known as Golgotha) thrice.

It's a tie.

Context says you were going for cavalry, the horse-riding soldiers. But the vote is still tied. :)

The cav solider in me started getting an eye twitch and memories of young private WestTennesseeVol with his face in the ground while some NCO made sure I knew the difference between “cavalry” and “Calvary”

Awesome idea OP. My father was in the 14th Armored Cavalry in WWII. I was never in the military and do not have an RV or camper but I do love a good tailgate with smoked meats and beer. I am currently savoring a glass of Makers Mark on Sunday evening wishing tomorrow was not Monday.

Do they let you sleep in the RV overnight? If so, that’s a great way to roll

This has the makings of a future OMG thread.

Gosh I hope so, but not in a WTF kinda way. Fingers crossed......

Do they let you sleep in the RV overnight? If so, that’s a great way to roll
Isn't it hard to get RVs in a parking garage? I have a lifted Jeep and can't get in some garages.

The parking for campers is on top of the parking garages, there are 3 of them (A,B,and C) located adjacent to the Civic Center. You access them from behind or beside the garages off of Howard Baker Street.

Yes, they let you sleep there overnight, in fact it is encouraged. In the past only garage C had electricity and water hook ups. This year electricity was added to the top of garage B allowing for double the available spaces with services. If you have a season pass you can leave your RV or camper there all season long. I currently live in NC and plan to base out of the Civic Center this fall and do some exploring of the area between Knoxville and Chattanooga.

Thanks for the interest and for all the likes. Really.

I hope it works out.

Gosh I hope so, but not in a WTF kinda way. Fingers crossed......

The parking for campers is on top of the parking garages, there are 3 of them (A,B,and C) located adjacent to the Civic Center. You access them from behind or beside the garages off of Howard Baker Street.

Yes, they let you sleep there overnight, in fact it is encouraged. In the past only garage C had electricity and water hook ups. This year electricity was added to the top of garage B allowing for double the available spaces with services. If you have a season pass you can leave your RV or camper there all season long. I currently live in NC and plan to base out of the Civic Center this fall and do some exploring of the area between Knoxville and Chattanooga.

Thanks for the interest and for all the likes. Really.

I hope it works out.
That’s so awesome

Is this an RV only crowd, or does a rooftop tent on my Jeep qualify for participation?

I kind of like this idea and I'm definitely down for buying a shirt with a good design and maybe even showing up from time to time and kick in some money to help offset some of the costs for food and drink.

Maybe get in good with some of the running backs for an NIL deal, just a random thought there.

BTW: for youngsters with no cultural connection to "cavalry" (other than Air Cavalry in VietNam), enlighten and entertain yourselves with John Ford's cavalry trilogy:

Fort Apache (1948)​
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949)​
Rio Grande (1950)​
In the 1950s and early 60s, swarms of boys would run across school playgrounds at Recess, enacting cavalry rescue scenarios.

VN Store

Back