New Traditions that we would like to see at Tennessee

I'd like to see the NCAA do away with the current OT rules. Instead, if tied after regulation, the head coaches should have to fight bare chested at midfield. Make these dudes actually earn their million dollar contracts.

On a related note, every team would go for the win at the end of regulation against LSU and Coach O....

What are some new traditions that you all would like to see developed within the Football Program that would renew our sense of pride and ownership of the team and cultivate the winning mentality that we all miss? I would like to see some things come from the new guard while not forgetting the traditions of old. I am all about the historic traditions of Tennessee football, but I think it is time for some of the new blood in the program to make their mark and I know that the Volnation faithful have expressed a desire for the same. I look forward to your responses and ideas.

I would like to see the combination of two traditions Replace the contiversial "Woo" in Rocky Top with a Smokey bark, howl, bray.

Reactions: GBOVFL88
We have such a wealth of traditions already:

- Smokey
- Pride of the Southland Marching Band
- Power T
- Vol Navy
- Vol Walk
- Salute to the Hill
- Running through the T
- Rocky Top
- Orange and White
- probably several others I'm just not thinking of right now

Plus old traditions, like the walking horses, that have faded with time.

I wouldn't mind starting up new traditions, but we really don't need them. As many folks in this thread have said already, all we really need is to get back to our old winning ways.

Go Vols!
This is the answer imo. Well done 82

Unleash the band. No DJs. No recorded music. No third down ring tones. None of that crap. Let the band play it, or it isn't heard at a Volunteers game. UT has music majors and professors. Let them make arrangements for TPOTS, from funk classics to hip hop to pop country hits. Develop imaginative choreography for their performances on the field. They can still play Rocky Top, Down the Field, and our alma mater song, but let them play everything else anyone would want to hear.

html end tags use the "/" character, thus "/thread" is "end thread"

Or more loquaciously, "It is my opinion that this response, which I have quoted and with which I wholeheartedly agree, cuts directly to the core of the issue, and is all that needs to be said. I admire its concise insight, and believe this wonderously short gem to fully cover the issue. The matter having been resolved, we need not consider it any further."
/ /thread discussion

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Lot of snarky responses on here. I never understood why people act like that, if you don't like the thread then don't click into it. Simple. For me I'd like to see a new tradition of adding a supporter section like they have in English football. Kinda like a second more passionate student section
WTF??? GTFO, you haven't been alive long enough to make these BS type suggestions.

Was that snarky enough?

This is the answer imo. Well done 82

Thanks, KB.

Plus, I forgot one of our coolest traditions, even if Kentucky tries to claim it as their own: checkerboard end zones matching the clock tower of Ayers Hall (I wonder if Kentucky realizes they're matching the clock tower of Ayers Hall, too? haha).

And one of the cool new traditions, less than a decade old, of checkerboarding the stadium once a year. Love that one. *salute*

I've been advocating for 2 years the turnover robe ala Ric Flair. It would be orange and white and if player forces a turnover, he would put it on and strut up and down the sideline yelling Wooooo.....

The robe would be for the ball hawkin, route jumpin, fumble causing, ball stealing son of a guns...

While wearing a really big orange top hat:)

Paint a trash can to keep on the sideline so the players can slam dunk the football when a big play is made....😂🤔
And hire an idiot to run around the field holding the can up after the game! That would be all-some!

VN Store

Back