New Traditions that we would like to see at Tennessee

GBOVFL88

What are some new traditions that you all would like to see developed within the Football Program that would renew our sense of pride and ownership of the team and cultivate the winning mentality that we all miss? I would like to see some things come from the new guard while not forgetting the traditions of old. I am all about the historic traditions of Tennessee football, but I think it is time for some of the new blood in the program to make their mark and I know that the Volnation faithful have expressed a desire for the same. I look forward to your responses and ideas.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
What are some new traditions that you all would like to see developed within the Football Program that would renew our sense of pride and ownership of the team and cultivate the winning mentality that we all miss? I would like to see some things come from the new guard while not forgetting the traditions of old. I am all about the historic traditions of Tennessee football, but I think it is time for some of the new blood in the program to make their mark and I know that the Volnation faithful have expressed a desire for the same. I look forward to your responses and ideas.

I'd like to see more winning...

I'd like to see some kind of rivalry (complete with a Mountain Matchup trophy, or something to that effect) brew with Mizzou, though not quite as much as I'd enjoy seeing Mizzou leave the SEC and join the Big Ten.

I've been advocating for 2 years the turnover robe ala Ric Flair. It would be orange and white and if player forces a turnover, he would put it on and strut up and down the sideline yelling Wooooo.....

The robe would be for the ball hawkin, route jumpin, fumble causing, ball stealing son of a guns...

We have such a wealth of traditions already:

- Smokey
- Pride of the Southland Marching Band
- Power T
- Vol Navy
- Vol Walk
- Salute to the Hill
- Running through the T
- Rocky Top
- Orange and White
- probably several others I'm just not thinking of right now

Plus old traditions, like the walking horses, that have faded with time.

I wouldn't mind starting up new traditions, but we really don't need them. As many folks in this thread have said already, all we really need is to get back to our old winning ways.

Go Vols!

EDIT: I know I mentioned I was probably forgetting some traditions, but it's downright embarrassing that I left these three out:

- Checkerboard end zones
- Neyland's maxims
- I will give my all for Tennessee today

So embarrassing that I couldn't let this post stand without coming back to add them, heh.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Maybe I am showing that I am a relative novice to the forum, but what is this /thread that you posted?

html end tags use the "/" character, thus "/thread" is "end thread"

Or more loquaciously, "It is my opinion that this response, which I have quoted and with which I wholeheartedly agree, cuts directly to the core of the issue, and is all that needs to be said. I admire its concise insight, and believe this wonderously short gem to fully cover the issue. The matter having been resolved, we need not consider it any further."

I'd like to see some kind of rivalry (complete with a Mountain Matchup trophy, or something to that effect) brew with Mizzou, though not quite as much as I'd enjoy seeing Mizzou leave the SEC and join the Big Ten.

We need to beat Mizzou more for it to become a rivalry...

Lot of snarky responses on here. I never understood why people act like that, if you don't like the thread then don't click into it. Simple. For me I'd like to see a new tradition of adding a supporter section like they have in English football. Kinda like a second more passionate student section

The band marches down in front of the opposing teams student section and plays......

Rocky Top as loud as they can. **** this playing the opposing teams fight song, that is a bad tradition that needs to die a swift and sudden death.

Lot of snarky responses on here. I never understood why people act like that, if you don't like the thread then don't click into it. Simple. For me I'd like to see a new tradition of adding a supporter section like they have in English football. Kinda like a second more passionate student section

You would be a great athletic supporter....

I'd like to see the NCAA do away with the current OT rules. Instead, if tied after regulation, the head coaches should have to fight bare chested at midfield. Make these dudes actually earn their million dollar contracts.

VN Store

Back