New traditions in Neyland

how about just cheering for games other than Ala, Ga, and Fla. At times Neyland is the quietest 100,000 people in the land. I hate those games!!!

I think we should be able to hit people in the head with a tack hammer every time they "woo" during Rocky Top.

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Aug 16, 2005 5:39 PM
how about just cheering for games other than Ala, Ga, and Fla. At times Neyland is the quietest 100,000 people in the land. I hate those games!!!
[snapback]127276[/snapback]​

look what the cat dragged in.

Originally posted by GAVol@Aug 16, 2005 4:26 PM
The most intimidating thing I've ever seen a crowd do was about 20 years ago prior to a Cowboys/Redskins game.  The Redskins intentionally hit the field a little early and the home crowd got pissed because they thought the Cowboys were running late.  Suddenly 75,000 Redskins began chanting WE WANT DALLAS!  WE WANT DALLAS!  endlessly.  It made for a very eerie and hostile environment when the visiting team started coming out of the tunnel.
[snapback]127229[/snapback]​

I remember that! Also didnt some team come out early on us/UT recently? Either before running thru the "T" or during UT running onto the field? :realmad:

Originally posted by IBleedOrange24/7@Aug 16, 2005 7:57 PM
I remember that! Also didnt some team come out early on us/UT recently? Either before running thru the "T" or during UT running onto the field? :realmad:
[snapback]127287[/snapback]​

i think it was georgia. not sure though.

i like the growling after we scored. why did they get rid of it?

at my school we do a chant sometimes where we have one side chant "whose house" and the other chant "our house", nice and simple and its pretty cool once it gets going

The Growl was taken out because the "older generation" of big time donors didn't like it.

The wrap around LED will debut against Cal next year.

I sent Mike Hamilton an e-mail on this the other day, and apparently I was ignored. I went to a Braves game the other night, and they had won inthe 12th the night before. So, going into the ninth, they played video replays of that, and the screen said, "We did it last night"........"and we can do it again"....."But the Braves need your help"......"so everybody, GET LOUD"......this was followed by the announcer telling the crowd to get pumped.

I had asked Hamilton why we didnt have a 4th quarter tradition such as Florida to get the crowd involved and told him about what I saw in ATL. I then suggested that they throw together a short video package of big wins at Neyland, along with post-game celebrations (Peyton leading the band, etc). I told him that everyone seems to enjoy the "Orange is" segments that they do, but that they need something with a little more edge.

I would like it if everyone would take the time to suggest something such as this to Mike via the Ask Mike link on utsports.com and atleast force a response from him.

Haha... This all reminds me. I think my high school has the best one ever. It started up last year.

When we're on defense, everybody in the stands puts one hand up in the air in a cup, starts wiggling their fingers and we all yell "BIG SACK! BIG SACK!"

How about the east side of the stadium yells: Krispy

And the west: Kreme!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 17, 2005 2:36 PM
What's up Sarge? We all thought you were on permanent hiatus.
[snapback]127485[/snapback]​

I moved to Columbus,Ohio and have been busy teaching this summer. I will be scarce on the VN because of my lack of patience with some of the participants on this site. Be well, Go Vols,Sarge. :wavey:

What's up Sarge? Good to see ya.

Beltway, I know many younger people who didn't like the Growl so I don't think it was just the "older generation" of big time donors that had a problem with it. I personally am undecided. I liked the Growl ok I guess.

I always liked the West Virginia tradition. One side of the stands would yell "LETS GO" and the other side would respond with "MOUNTAINEERS."
Its really loud and would even be louder in enclosed Neyland Stadium. In addition, it would be simple to substitute "VOLUNTEERS" for mountaineers and would sound dynamite.

VN Store

Back