New Topic On Season

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Nov 29, 2005 9:10 PM
two words.

LARRY MUNSON.
:
pukeb:
[snapback]205202[/snapback]​

yeah i agree. i lived in GA for a few years, but never saw his appeal.

Originally posted by orangetd88@Nov 29, 2005 9:32 PM
Bill Curry sucks, too.
[snapback]205316[/snapback]​

Curry drives me nuts always telling us what he would do. Hey Bill, if your way actually worked wouldn't you be on a sideline somewhere? :shakehead:

Oh yeah Bill Curry just doesn’t know when to shut-up. “ This reminds me of something my dear old coach back at Stink Foot High School used to tell us” . . . . blah blah blah :boredom:

Bob Davie is the worst announcer... no emotion, no personality, and can't pronounce Clausen...

Now, the worst coverage.... CBS by a long shot... I hate it when they get the games.... "Let's go back to the studio..." every 5 seconds... it kills me...

bob davie hands down the worst followed by Brent Musburger...

Ron Franklin is the best one i've seen in a while and i really enjoy Kirk and Mike on the Thursday night games on ESPN...they look and sound like they are actually having fun, no matter what the game is....

And while i do agree that the JP are lacking, i give them a lot of credit because they don't exactly get the marquee matchups, and when they do get a good team, like the UF/KY game earlier this year, there's usually not a lot to talk about...
Dave Rowe is a bit over the top, but i like the enthusiasm he brings...he really tries to talk up players on both sides of the feild, and hands out compliments often....

Craig James and that other big guy on ABC are not very good either.

And could someone muzzle Lou Holtz, please?

And i forget who called the game, but the guys that called the TX A&M/TX game last week, one of them said "And given Texas A&M's TERRIBLE pass defense..." very blunt, usually they use words like questionable or porous or suspect...he just called it what it was TERRIBLE. i got a chuckle out of that one.

I'm not a big Donnan fan. He's as lousy an announcer/analyst as he was a coach. At least Holtz had some success caoching. I never have understood why you'd get someone as an analyst who bombed in the ranks of playing or coaching.

I had to endure listening to Boob on the radio last Saturday and when ever a pass was thrown, Boob says "He unloaded"

I thought when you "unload" on something you hit it with great force not "unload" as in unloading the football from your hands to another.

Where does Boob come up with this stuff? :dunno:
He is by far the worst football play-by-play announcer I've ever heard.

Can John Ward come back out of retirement? Shoot he can call the game from his house while just watching it on TV, I don't care!

I guess we nedd to start a new thread on how bad JP sports football braodcast sucks.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Nov 29, 2005 9:10 PM
two words.

LARRY MUNSON.
:
pukeb:
[snapback]205202[/snapback]​

Munson. That guy really blows. Isn't "Munsoned" when you have extreme bad luck and get your hand chopped off in a bowling ball return?

Originally posted by AllVol99@Nov 30, 2005 12:10 PM
Munson. That guy really blows. Isn't "Munsoned" when you have extreme bad luck and get your hand chopped off in a bowling ball return?
[snapback]205652[/snapback]​

Yep. Bad hair and clothing and you have to perform "favors" to your landlord to pay the rent.

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Nov 29, 2005 8:23 PM
The JP crew is so miserably horrible. Dave, Dave, and Dave actually make me long for Vern.
[snapback]205219[/snapback]​

I remember in one game this year, our own QB got hit late, and the JP announcer said it was Tony McDaniel who hit him late.

Originally posted by orangetd88@Nov 29, 2005 9:44 PM
Ron Franklin and Mike Gottfried were the best duo in college sports.  Why they were split up, I dunno.  Unless it was an issue between them, ESPN was dumb for splitting them up.
[snapback]205327[/snapback]​

I had heard that Franklin requested it. Not sure it's true though.

Let's just thank God that Paul Maguire is still doing pro football. I hate that I only Get Sunday night games in Hi-Def but get to listen to his Low-Def commentary. :realmad:

I posted this in another thread, but it applies here...the worst thing i have to put up with is here in Charlotte JP also does the ACC game of the week...so each week it's Duke vs FILL IN THE BLANK...

Anyway, that game is a noon kick and is televised on the local CBS affiliate....and the only thing i care about each week is that there are NO OVERTIME games for that slot....they will not break away or move to another station or anything...so if that horrid WF/NCSU game goes in to overtime as it did in 01 when we played Bama at 3.30 pm on CBS, you don't get to see that game until the game is OVER and they do the post game wrap and 10 minutes of commercials....

That game didn't go off the air until it was about half way thru the 2nd qtr of the TN/Bama game...you talk about pissed. :realmad:

CBS guys.... you would think by the Alabama AU game they would know who the bama players were I mean they only covered bama a total of 7 times... The could remember all of the Bama HS teams but not Bamas players... come on...

Originally posted by bluemoney@Nov 29, 2005 7:07 PM
Has to be Dave “Master Of The Obvious” Rowe on JP  :yuck:  Oh yeah, Bob Davie is a “putz” . .  "Clowson" :eek:lol:
[snapback]205197[/snapback]​

Dang Straight. :crazy:

Larry Munson and his "We stepped on their faces with a hobnail boot and broke their noses" was about the dumbest thing I have ever heard an announcer say, although Lou Holtz isn't that far behind.

Originally posted by tidwell@Nov 29, 2005 9:23 PM
Brent Musberger.

[snapback]205351[/snapback]​

My god, talk about the Bandwagon Kid. Brent likes somebody new every time there's a break in the game, but he always talks about them like they're his new lover.

Originally posted by GAVol@Nov 30, 2005 9:51 PM
Munson is at least entertaining though.
[snapback]206109[/snapback]​

How old is Munson now? He's gotta at least be 85 by now.

VN Store

Back