New TN Bill will allow you to kill robbers

My thought process is you already decided to trespass and take things that aren't yours, so your values system is already invalid. I don't trust you to make any good decisions going forward. Your intent is to commit crimes and get away with it. I shouldn't be tasked with reading your mind and deciding what else might be on the menu.

This is more eloquently put than I could have said it, but sums up the situation perfectly for me.

I would like to add that everyone discusses these situations as the Monday morning Quarterback. Just like the officer involved shootings. He shoulda done this and I woulda done that. Its easy to judge a situation looking from the outside.

Reactions: 37L1 and AM64
Frankly I'd rather have some Russian agent than a whole load of pedophiles and degenerates, but that's just me.

With Trump, you have it all -- Russian agent, pedo, and enough degenerate suckups to defy the election like grown up brats and wannabe fascists.

Reactions: Cormock Mac
Idk. I’ve dealt with quite a few criminals. Many of them are deterred by a security system sticker in your door. Most are looking for easy money, not a gunfight. I’m not sure I agree with the law but if it acts as a deterrent that would be ok.
I agree that criminals want easy targets because they are usually lazy and selfish themselves

Reactions: AM64
As I said earlier in this thread I don’t think I’d shoot someone for minor theft outside of my home. If they are in my house they better have some pumped up kicks and get out quicker than my bullets.
Agree. Any burglary is assumed to be putting me and my family in harm and get treated as such

Funny thing happened along those lines yesterday.

I was on base doing my A, B, C run (Alcohol, BX, Commissary) and I don't know if you've seen some of the Campbells soup cans lately, but they've reverted back to the old style, need a can opener to open type instead of the pop top. A younger couple was staring at them suspiciously looking at both sides of the can before deducting "maybe we need to buy a can opener or something... I don't know."

Further comments as I grabbed a few cans myself included "who would have ever thought they'd have soup you had to use a can opener on?"

Facepalming in a facemask doesn't bring the same effect as it normally would.

I bought one of the openers that goes around the rim and leaves a smooth top because it annoys the crap out of me to try and empty a can when stuff catches on the rim. I use the opener even on the cans with the pull tab because I really despise the pull tabs on stuff like soup cans.

That’s funny.

When me and the wife were dating we went camping and forgot to bring a can opener. P38 saved the trip.

I read something about how to spot a veteran. One was the P-38 on a key chain.

Reactions: hog88
New TN bill was just proposed that will allow a person to shoot a criminal on their property who are stealing from them whether or not their lives are in danger.

Currently, your life or someone else's life must be in danger to use deadly force.

With this new bill you life does not need to be in danger. You simply need to feel deadly force is required to keep your property safe.

Not gonna lie.....I like it.

You step on my property with intent to steal then you get what you get. Just walk out the house, pull the trigger, and then call the morgue to come get the body.

How's everybody else feel about this bill?

The downside could be a shop keeper could just shoot a customer thinking he was stealing. Bill needs tightened up a bit.

It's always a bit more sticky than "being within your rights". Someone kills someone's family member, there is often someone left behind that doesn't care if they are within their rights to exact "justice".

Exercise with caution.

Yes. And all threats don't require the same level of response. Not unless you are a scary punk bytch and are so afraid that you just have to shoot someone.
I'm a scary punk bitch, you've been warned. Keep your reparations justified looting away from me and mine. If you are in my house uninvited you have two choices: leave immediately hands empty or in a bag. I personally don't care either way. Just one more POS off the streets.

Yes. And all threats don't require the same level of response. Not unless you are a scary punk bytch and are so afraid that you just have to shoot someone.

I have a rule , if you are stupid enough to break into my house when my family is home , I will apply the same level of response to each individual. I believe in equally opportunity and equal application so I don’t get labeled a racist , sexist , homophobe or Xena phobic. Of course the intelligent thing to do is just stay out of my house and we won’t have a problem . 🤷‍♂️

VN Store

Back