New QB Transfer, Kasim Hill

The point is both were complete disasters who became very good quarterbacks. Why is that so hard to figure out? JGs success in the pros has nothing to do with how he does at UT. We had a national championship QB who never did anything in the pros.

We also had arguably the best QB ever who lost to Florida every time.

It isn't hard to figure out at all. Saying Crompton (who coaches in the CFL) and Peterman who has been a backup in the NFL became good quaterbacks to me just doesnt make sense. IMO...they both were horrible but its all good...

Are they applying for a waiver so he can play right away? Or are they not even trying? Or is it too late? Seems like that would make sense in case JG goes down, they would have a more experienced option. Worth a shot...

It isn't hard to figure out at all. Saying Crompton (who coaches in the CFL) and Peterman who has been a backup in the NFL became good quaterbacks to me just doesnt make sense. IMO...they both were horrible but its all good...
Horrible quarterbacks do not play in the NFL. They were definitely not top end of the NFL, but even making it to the NFL after how they looked when they debuted is amazing.
That is the point.

Reactions: Zues1
I hope JG goes pro. That’ll mean he got about 10 years better... or our O-line did, in 1 off season.

Titans may need a new QB next season too.

Does anyone else wonder if Hill's transfer will somehow affect Harrison Bailey's commitment?

So only ex- NFL football players are considered to have valid opinions?

No anyone can have an opinion.
Is it your opinion Crompton and Peterman who've both advanced to the next levels, both have made NFL squads and both are earning a living as professionals at the pro level horrible QB's ?
If so what would you make of a QB who played P5 ball as a starter and never made a pro squad? What's the next level below horrible?

How about Pat Ryan, Erik Ainge, Heath Shuler and Josh Dobbs who looks destined as a third string guy? Are those guys horrible as well?

No anyone can have an opinion.
Is it your opinion Crompton and Peterman who've both advanced to the next levels, both have made NFL squads and both are earning a living as professionals at the pro level horrible QB's ?
If so what would you make of a QB who played P5 ball as a starter and never made a pro squad? What's the next level below horrible?

How about Pat Ryan, Erik Ainge, Heath Shuler and Josh Dobbs who looks destined as a third string guy? Are those guys horrible as well?
Depends on what you are comparing them to. If you are comparing them to me, they are outstanding quarterbacks. If you are comparing them to the NFL starting QB standard, then yes everyone on that list is pretty horrible.

Depends on what you are comparing them to. If you are comparing them to me, they are outstanding quarterbacks. If you are comparing them to the NFL starting QB standard, then yes everyone on that list is pretty horrible.

Let's compare them to all P5 QB's that never made a pro squad or were cut after season one.
That in my opinion is the standard to which they should be compared. With that said they have been successful.
But no we have guys sitting behind a keyboard who's never been near an NFL camp and is calling them horrible. That's laughable.

Last edited:

Not really. There are some pretty horrible starting NFL QBs.

Let's compare them to all P5 QB's that never made a pro squad or were cut after season one.
That in my opinion is the standard to which they should be compared. With that said they have been successful.
But no we have guys sitting behind a keyboard who's never been near an NFL camp and is calling them horrible. That's laughable.
It's laughable that you have a problem with someone having an opinion that a certain player isn't very good at that level in their opinion. Are they soliciting money from you for this information? Then what's the issue? With this logic you are using, there isn't anyone in the world that can be critiqued unless the person who is critiquing (not sure if that's a word) does that same job. I disagree with you on the comparisons to P5 QBs as that's not what someone is talking about when they say someone like Peterson is a pretty bad NFL QB.......it's comparing him to NFL QBS. I say this behind a pretty bad ass keyboard.

Am I incorrect in thinking that those QBS.....or any QB in the NFL is horrible? Maybe, but am I forbidden from having an opinion because I never played the position at the NFL level? Absolutely not IMO

Last edited:

VN Store

Back