New people that runs the espnw rankings are ruining the value of it.

I do not know the credibility of Gatorade players of the year evaluators but Tennessee signed the Texas,Alabama and Kentucky Gatorade players of the year.....so there is that .Now we shall see how those turn out.

Most of those teams had one or two top 5's and hand-picked role players. We have a top 5 in Jordan Horston. And if she ever gets to play a season in full ability, she will show why she was a top 5.

I do not know the credibility of Gatorade players of the year evaluators but Tennessee signed the Texas,Alabama and Kentucky Gatorade players of the year.....so there is that .Now we shall see how those turn out.

I don’t think Kaiya was the TX Gatorade player of the year i think she was the class 5 player which is still a great honor!

You are correct.....but Kaiya is probably the best of the bunch and vastly under rated imo.
they are all so very different.
Kaiya is a slasher, athletic and can hit the outside J...She mirrors JH's better game
Karoline is a PF who can knockdown mid-range elbows in her sleep and can hit the long-range and is a triple double threat
Sara is a physical nightmare to match-up with, she has both speed and power and is a non-stop worker
Miles is a speed-guard, who at her full effort can defend other speed guards

I have to agree though, initially, Kaiya is the x-factor in this group,,,but Karo is a hidden gem

Reactions: alexvol
And the Florida Gatorade Player of the Year isn't in Premier's top 100, Vanderbilt commit Kendal Cheeseman. Premier ranks 6 other Florida players in the top 100.

And the Florida Gatorade Player of the Year isn't in Premier's top 100, Vanderbilt commit Kendal Cheeseman. Premier ranks 6 other Florida players in the top 100.
Yes they are doing there rankings on buddy system. Its so obvious. I been to major nike and under armor events they were not there. Olsen was at both events. Asgr and bluestar are only accurate rankings. I get coaches don't just go on rankings but that is how recruiting cord gets raises and coaches get bonuses. So if ESPNw is what they all go by. Then it going be wrong every time. You have to get out to events and evaluate.

Yes they are doing there rankings on buddy system. Its so obvious. I been to major nike and under armor events they were not there. Olsen was at both events. Asgr and bluestar are only accurate rankings. I get coaches don't just go on rankings but that is how recruiting cord gets raises and coaches get bonuses. So if ESPNw is what they all go by. Then it going be wrong every time. You have to get out to events and evaluate.

It seems not only do they have to get out and go but have eyes on the ground like Coach Sam and Coach Joy.

I agree with you 100% on going out to evaluate the talent on display i`m not a coach but i travel to watch.

Reactions: lfvol
I favor Blue Star and have only been following ASGR for about a year but like them also.. It seems to me that their projections are more in line with the results I see a year later.

I may have missed it, and really can't resist it, but have any of the SCAR posters joined in on this debate.

I favor Blue Star and have only been following ASGR for about a year but like them also.. It seems to me that their projections are more in line with the results I see a year later.

I may have missed it, and really can't resist it, but have any of the SCAR posters joined in on this debate.

totally agree about Blue Star and ASGR...Hoopgurlz is the granddaddy of them all, but as we all know, , , grandfathers often get stuck in their ways and lose their ambition.

The trouble is, they are still considered the standard though

totally agree about Blue Star and ASGR...Hoopgurlz is the granddaddy of them all, but as we all know, , , grandfathers often get stuck in their ways and lose their ambition.

That is why I made post. Reason its the standard cause of Dan Olsen now Premier has it they are a joke

Reactions: Coach Jumper
Since Dan Olsen gave up the espnw rankings they are not as creditable. Dan would go to multiple gyms across country set up a lawn chair and evaluate everyone. This new member does not do that. So if you recruit from rankings that's good, cause you will get some quality players but there will be alot more bust. Look how Bluestar does it invites all top players to a location let's them go at each other then ranks them according.

I promise you that no coach in America recruits off of rankings.

100%. But, it turns out when we were winning we got a lot of top three players just like UConn and SC are now. An AZ last year approach is a long shot and not sustainable. So, aside from ESPN slipping, is there any value in criticizing the rankings?

Exactly. People not responsible for recruiting and development are the ones that are so focused on rankings. Rankings are for fans....not coaches. The media uses rankings to spur discussion. There was a time when rankings were fairly accurate but that system has been commercialized.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
100%. But, it turns out when we were winning we got a lot of top three players just like UConn and SC are now. An AZ last year approach is a long shot and not sustainable. So, aside from ESPN slipping, is there any value in criticizing the rankings?
Since this Premier first year doing the rankings, none of the players they have ranked except for a couple of girls who enrolled early haven't played in a college game.

only by the casual fan who can't be bothered to do a bit of research. Premier's ratings have been screwed up since they took over at Hoopgurlz. Olsen was a lot more on line with the other services.

VN Store

Back