*****New offers under the Pruitt administration

You've gotta think someone would visit Cade Mays everyday since he's in our backyard. CJP said it all starts up front and pairing Mays with Trey Smith would be a nice combo.

Either he's back or he's gone. No begging, either you want to be a Vol or you don't! Come play with UT or GTFO!

:loco:

Reactions: 1 person
agreed. but he offered a juco O linemen yesterday. he knows we need 'em. Mays is a priority, got their foot in the door yesterday. we'll see if it nets anything.

you gotta think Mays, being a TN kid all his life, just needs a good reason to get back on board?

we'll see.

I know there are a few recruiting gurus who think to much has transpired with Cade and his wanting to win right away will keep him away from the Vols but I just can’t imagine him not playing for the Vols. Uncle Frogg and dad Kevin both playing here should carry the day in the end (I hope)

[twitter]https://twitter.com/jeremybanks32/status/939559931543539712[/twitter]

Reactions: 5 people
This will be important to watch.

I don't like the fact he's here recruiting and will be on the sidelines wearing crimson.

I'm excited to have him but it's unsetteling watching our head coach try to win a NC for bama.

Get over it! He's the HC for Tennessee now & I'm sure he'll do all he can to turn this program around. That's what professionals do!

That's pretty much par for the course for you.

To think that Bama playing for a national championship, a school we compete with for recruits, means good publicity for Tennessee because our future coach is on the sidelines coaching their D is just plain naive. It helps Bama and only Bama.

Our Alabama recruiting is about to pick up. His Dad coaches right here in my backyard. In years past we've gotten a lot of great players in AL. Martin, Sears, Allen, Kent, Holloway, Swain, Moore etc.

To think that Bama playing for a national championship, a school we compete with for recruits, means good publicity for Tennessee because our future coach is on the sidelines coaching their D is just plain naive. It helps Bama and only Bama.

Phil seems to think it’s a positive for us. I’ll go with him.

Reactions: 3 people
It's a positive for sure. Every recruit in America will being watching, from this class and next and the next and so on. Time for some fans to stop being naive.

CJP has what, 4 NC rings (coaching) and may have #5 this year. That gives the man legitimacy when he walks into these kids houses recruiting for UT. It help us out in recruiting and to think otherwise is what's naive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
CJP has what, 4 NC rings (coaching) and may have #5 this year. That gives the man legitimacy when he walks into these kids houses recruiting for UT. It help us out in recruiting and to think otherwise is what's naive.

A coordinator can’t claim a ring.

A coordinator can’t claim a ring.

You're right. He had no involvement in those championships at all.. Recruits won't even consider it.

Seriously fade, why are you always so... Eeyore? There never seems to be a 'look on the bright side', 'the cup is half full' view to you..

Reactions: 4 people
You're right. He had no involvement in those championships at all.. Recruits won't even consider it.

Seriously fade, why are you always so... Eeyore? There never seems to be a 'look on the bright side', 'the cup is half full' view to you..

Are saying then that Randy Sanders is a national championship caliber coach? Because he has a ring I believe.

lol dude everyone on the team and staff gets a ring.

I realize that. What I’m saying is that a coordinator who received natty rings can’t then take a HC position at another school and walk in to a kids living room and credibly say he has won a national championship.

Of course he had involvement but it comes with “as a coordinator”or he will get laughed at.

I think you have built a narrative in your head that says Fade is a negavol, but I’m not. I was one of the few posters that tried to see the positive in the Georgia Tech game last year, Dormady, etc, while the sky was falling everywhere else. I have also praised the hire of Pruitt given our situation.

I realize that. What I’m saying is that a coordinator who received natty rings can’t then take a HC position at another school and walk in to a kids living room and credibly say he has won a national championship.

Wow...really? I've never heard him or anyone else say HE won national championships. But he's been an integral part of four Natty's and coached in a few more playoff games that fell short of he title. I'd say that's pretty impressive. Why don't you at least wait till he loses a game before you start telling everyone what a big mistake this was.

Are saying then that Randy Sanders is a national championship caliber coach? Because he has a ring I believe.

Fade, c'mon.. Stop pulling things out of my post that aren't there. My point was simply because of his involvement in several campionship teams it will 'pull weight' with recruits. If I were young, it would mean more to me than some BS 'brick by brick' sales pitch.

Of course he had involvement but it comes with “as a coordinator”or he will get laughed at.

I think you have built a narrative in your head that says Fade is a negavol, but I’m not. I was one of the few posters that tried to see the positive in the Georgia Tech game last year, Dormady, etc, while the sky was falling everywhere else. I have also praised the hire of Pruitt given our situation.

I know your not 100%, all the time negative but you have to admit you tend to hang out on the dark side more often than not. I'm not the only one who has seen this..

I will say, in my time here, you don't waffle and I respect that. Also I feel like I can discuss/argue with you and the next day it's a 'clean slate' between us..

VN Store

Back