New OC possibilities

The guys calling for Trooper Taylor might not be old enough to remember Randy Sanders' circumstances. Randy was with the UT program 15+ years before he became OC. During that time he was a position coach. He was a better position coach than Trooper and has put out a lot of great guys to prove it. Even after gaining trust over all those years, he still was kept on a leash as the offensive coordinator. Trooper would have an even tighter leash. Fulmer doesn't trust him nearly as much as he did Sanders. I also doubt Trooper's behavior has earned a lot of respect from Coach Fulmer.
Troop is no Randy Sanders...apples and oranges. If he is named, I want him to be himself on the sidelines. Todays kids respond to it....AND it will sell to the media And the kids. Maturing will happen at the right pace. I think that to be successful at anything you have to be yourself. JMO

Troop is no Randy Sanders...apples and oranges. If he is named, I want him to be himself on the sidelines. Todays kids respond to it....AND it will sell to the media And the kids. Maturing will happen at the right pace. I think that to be successful at anything you have to be yourself. JMO

Randy Sanders accomplished more as a position coach than Troop has. Fulmer doesn't trust Trooper. Trooper isn't getting the job.

VN Store

Back