New OC at this game??

But if it's Sanford, why not announce it now? Why would we have someone recruiting to another school, and would he lie to BSU recruits on signing day?

Assistant coaches recruit up through signing day, and then leave. It nothing new. Some are asked to leave, others leave on their own. Grantham did at UGA lats year.

This reads like one of those terrible chain emails everyone's ultraconservative fundie aunt sends out saying Obama is using his powers of the Antichrist to brainwash the poor children.

Link?

Assistant coaches recruit up through signing day, and then leave. It nothing new. Some are asked to leave, others leave on their own. Grantham did at UGA lats year.

He is a Boise State graduate, so he certainly cares about them and doesn't want to burn bridges.

I think you are talking about Mike Sanford and we are talking about Mike Sanford Jr. Mike Sanford Jr is the QB coach at Boise St. I may be wrong though.

My mistake, after reading up on jr I would feel better about that hire.

Not going to happen. Butch just chastised the whole damn fanbase for expecting him to hire a guy based on their RESUME. You know...anyone who hires a subordinate ALWAYS scours through resumes and looks for the same type of production they want to see at work in their company. How foolish of us to expect a HC to take such an approach.

We have to "TRUST" him....to hire a long out of work, and bad fit crony, instead.

cronyism
/ˈkrəʊnɪˌɪzəm/
noun
1. the practice of appointing friends to high-level, esp political, posts regardless of their suitability

Butch Jones: 'The fans want you to hire a résumé and all that, but...'

Do you think Saban, or Meyer, or pretty much any HC in the country is going to make a hire based on what a bunch of whiny beetches on a message board are saying? Geez. Get real.

Reactions: 5 people
What TN guy is leaving fro BSU?

Not a player but someone who is on the biz side. I think I jumped to conclusions. It's someone "following" some BSU staffers and vice versa through their twitter page. I just thought that was kinda strange and it seemed pretty recent too.

Either way, I'm sure there was chatter between two parties. You just don't randomly follow another teams coaches. When I saw multiple coaches, that's when I thought he might be leaving instead of coaches coming.

Not a player but someone who is on the biz side. I think I jumped to conclusions. It's someone "following" some BSU staffers and vice versa through their twitter page. I just thought that was kinda strange and it seemed pretty recent too.

Either way, I'm sure there was chatter between two parties. You just don't randomly follow another teams coaches. When I saw multiple coaches, that's when I thought he might be leaving instead of coaches coming.

Maybe we've got an Idaho coaches pipeline goin' round here? :question:

You have to give CBJ credit. He has kept this thing under his hat. The OC will be known when CBJ wants him known.

Of course, we knew that DeBord was in town. IMO, DeBord is helping CBJ with the search.

You know what they say about opinions!

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe we will hire a offensive guru! Who can enhance ,enchant,and call quick slants,deep balls and gutsy run plays!

We get another top class and a new OC in a couple days!

VN Store

Back