Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Chatter

Got one of these for Christmas for my son....and for myself...lol. I have to say...I'm not a big Nintendo person.Didnt really care for the gamecube or the Wii, but I will say I am enjoying this console. Really like Super Mario Odyssey....really reminds of Mario 64. Downloaded Fortnite....how does it play on this compared to the XBox?

Got one of these for Christmas for my son....and for myself...lol. I have to say...I'm not a big Nintendo person.Didnt really care for the gamecube or the Wii, but I will say I am enjoying this console. Really like Super Mario Odyssey....really reminds of Mario 64. Downloaded Fortnite....how does it play on this compared to the XBox?

Same

I still like the system but feels like there's been a drought of games for a while. Granted I'm not a Super Smash Bros. guy so that's a big one I didn't get, but the new Super Mario Bros. game is coming out in January as is the new No More Heroes spinoff.

First off, congrats on getting a Switch. We love ours and play it all the time!

Second, I would highly recommend investing in a Pro controller. Especially for you, as it's just more comfortable for adult hands. It's a bit pricey, but well worth it.

Regarding Fortnite, it runs just fine on Switch but there are a few concessions that had to be made. The biggest is it doesnt include the "Save The World" single player mode on Switch. Only the Battle Royale mode can be played on Switch. Also it runs at half the framerate compared to the Xbox/PS4 versions (30fps instead of 60fps). But even at half the framerate it plays just fine. Infact, we have it on both Switch and PS4 and my 8 year old prefers the Switch version due to the portability feature.

You already have Odyssey, which is 1 of 4 games I would consider must owns for the console. Here are the other 3 you really should make your next purchases...

1.) Zelda Breath of the Wild - Simply put, a fantastic action/adventure game that is one of the best in the series! But be warned, the game is massive!

2.) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe- Best couch multiplayer game on the system! It's so much fun and it has a ton of content!

3.) Super Smash Brothers Ultimate- This game is a blast! Especially multiplayer and there is a ton of fighters to unlock. The most ever in a Smash Bros game!

Other games to consider on Switch...

Fast RMX - Spiritual successor to FZero and can be bought dirt cheap on the Nintendo store. A fun, fast, futuristic hover racing game! Its crushingly hard, but fun!

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle- Great "XCom" style strategy game featuring Nintendo characters! I bought this one on recommendation, not expecting much but I had a blast with it.

Starlink: Battle For Atlas- A great little space combat game, but what makes the Switch version the must own version is it comes with an exclusive Star Fox mission and you can play as Star Fox the entire game. It's basically the Star Fox game fans have been asking for, for years. Only it took Ubisoft to deliver it instead of Nintendo.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2- If Japanese RPG's are your thing, you'll love this game, and its massive!

Splatoon 2- A fun and unique take on the shooter genre, using paintball instead of real weapons. This is one of my son's favorites, especially multiplayer.

Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu/Evee- Not the biggest Pokemon fan but my son loves it.

Captain Toads Treasure Tracker- A fun puzzle solving game!

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze- One of the best 2D sidescrolling platformers ever made!

Bayonetta 2- Fun arcadey 3rd persion action game.

Whew! I know that's a ton of info but it should give you a good idea of what to look for next to play.

I still like the system but feels like there's been a drought of games for a while. Granted I'm not a Super Smash Bros. guy so that's a big one I didn't get, but the new Super Mario Bros. game is coming out in January as is the new No More Heroes spinoff.

2019 is set to be huge though. Already confirmed for 2019...

Super Mario Bros U
Pokemon (the REAL follow up to Sun and Moon)
Animal Crossing
Luigis Mansion 3
Yoshi's Crafted World
Fire Emblem
Shen Megami Tensei
Bayonetta 3
Fire watch
Mortal Kombat 11
No More Heroes 3

And those are just the ones off the top of my head. I know theres more.

2019 is set to be huge though. Already confirmed for 2019...

Super Mario Bros U
Pokemon (the REAL follow up to Sun and Moon)
Animal Crossing
Luigis Mansion 3
Yoshi's Crafted World
Fire Emblem
Shen Megami Tensei
Bayonetta 3
Fire watch
Mortal Kombat 11
No More Heroes 3

And those are just the ones off the top of my head. I know theres more.

Not to be "that guy" even though I totally am, but Travis Strikes Back isn't considered No More Heroes 3; Suda has said he doesn't consider this a true sequel but more of a spinoff and if it does well then they'll make NMH3.

I'd also put Metroid Prime 4 on the list but I bet that's not going to be until 2020.

Not to be "that guy" even though I totally am, but Travis Strikes Back isn't considered No More Heroes 3; Suda has said he doesn't consider this a true sequel but more of a spinoff and if it does well then they'll make NMH3.

I'd also put Metroid Prime 4 on the list but I bet that's not going to be until 2020.

No way in the world Metroid Prime 4 comes out this year. 2019 is over crowded as it is. Also, considering that all they had last year to show was a logo, they can't be THAT far into development. I'd say holiday 2020 at the earliest. However there is a rumor that Nintendo is planning on releasing a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD remaster. Now I'd be all over that if true.

Last edited:
No way in the world Metroid Prime 4 comes out this year. 2019 is over crowded as it is. Also, considering that all they had last year to show was a logo, they can't be THAT far into development. I'd say holiday 2020 at the earliest. However there is a rumor that Nintendo is planning on releasing a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD remaster. Now I'd be all over that if true.

Yeah I agree. I'm not sure they've even started real development on it yet.

Also forgot to mention we're probably getting a No More Heroes/No More Heroes 2 pack port. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

We got Starlink: Battle For Atlas for Christmas and I have to say, that's a really cool game and the Switch exclusive content makes it even better! I've never been into the whole "toys to life" type of games before but the Star Fox R-Wing that comes with the game is so cool. Plus the Switch exclusive Star Fox missions truly make the game feel like an open world Star Fox game (something I've been begging Nintendo for, forever). Its currently only 29.99 on Amazon. If you're even remotely a Star Fox fan I highly recommend it.

I preordered New Super Mario Bros Deluxe. It's pretty much a port of the New Super Mario Bros U and Super Luigi U from the Wii U but they added a few things.

BTW, I only recently found out you can get My Nintendo rewards for physical copies of games. I’ve missed out on decent amount of points

FYI, for those of you who still have a Wii and have it hooked up (I have my old one still hooked up on my spare office TV), the Wii Shop has officially closed today. They already had shutdown buying any new games last March but you could still redeem any currently owned Wii Points until yesterday.

As of now you can still download any previously purchased titles but that is supposed to go away by the end of the year.

Pumped for the Link's Awakening remake.

I guess the end of the 3DS is finally here, because that seems like it would have been a 3DS game a few years ago.

VN Store

Back