New Microsoft Flight Simulator Game Announced

These are sweet. How much would a PC cost me to run this?
$1300-1500 will get you a great machine that will play MSFS2020 and about anything else at HIGH/ULTRA. You can stretch that even farther if you buy everything piecemeal and build yourself.

$1300-1500 will get you a great machine that will play MSFS2020 and about anything else at HIGH/ULTRA. You can stretch that even farther if you buy everything piecemeal and build yourself.

What card and settings are you using? Reason I ask is because MSFS needs 16 GB of VRAM to play at 4K on highest settings.

What card and settings are you using? Reason I ask is because MSFS needs 16 GB of VRAM to play at 4K on highest settings.
I don't use a 4k monitor, last time I looked into them they weren't really up to snuff on refresh rate, which is really more important to me, but that may have changed since then. Anyway, I run a Ryzen 9x 3900, RTX 2080 Ti Turing, 64 GB DDR4 3200 and I run MSFS2020 on Ultra.

Looking at this
i7-9700F 8-Core Processor ,16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM Memory, RTX 2060 Graphics Card With 6 GB GDDR6 Dedicated Memory, 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 Solid State Drive

Would a build like this work well with MFS?

Looking at this
i7-9700F 8-Core Processor ,16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM Memory, RTX 2060 Graphics Card With 6 GB GDDR6 Dedicated Memory, 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 Solid State Drive

That's right in the sweet spot between the recommended and ideal settings. You'll need 64-bit Windows 10 and a beefy internet connection as well, but that all looks good.

Reactions: zhangliao04
Looking at this

Apologies on butting in, but if you can then I'd wait until the RTX 3070 comes out in mid-Oct which will be $499 starting off. But if price is your biggest issue here then I would at least use the 2060 Super. Not sure you will get 30+ FPS with Ultra settings at 4k, though (currently running a GTX 1070). Also, see if you can get 3200 MHz RAM.

Also, your case is very important for airflow. What case are you looking at?

Here is one I quickly built on PC Partpicker. Includes the price of a 2070 Super, a case and Windows 10 all for $1500.

Last edited:
Reactions: BearCat204
Apologies on butting in, but if you can then I'd wait until the RTX 3070 comes out in mid-Oct which will be $499 starting off. But if price is your biggest issue here then I would at least use the 2060 Super. Not sure you will get 30+ FPS with Ultra settings at 4k, though (currently running a GTX 1070). Also, see if you can get 3200 MHz RAM.

Also, your case is very important for airflow. What case are you looking at?

Here is one I quickly built on PC Partpicker. Includes the price of a 2070 Super, a case and Windows 10 all for $1500.
I appreciate the info

Reactions: zhangliao04
Against all advice, I went out and bought a PC lol. Got a Omen 30L with the Ryzen 9 and a GTX 2070 Super and this game is just incredible. Really excited about what they will add in the future and really hoping (I think I read they did say they would) they add helicopters.
Excited for you! Hope you share some shots with us.

Against all advice, I went out and bought a PC lol. Got a Omen 30L with the Ryzen 9 and a GTX 2070 Super and this game is just incredible. Really excited about what they will add in the future and really hoping (I think I read they did say they would) they add helicopters.
Let me know if you need some help

Just messing around with training flights and getting my feet wet :) Have a HOTAS 4 coming next week so will help smooth out flight a litte lol.

Right now I am playing the Xbox Gamepass version, what will I get with buying the deluxe version of the game? Just the extra planes they have now? Or does it give me future DLC like other planes as well?

A bit embarrased here lol, but I am going through the training and I am at the last session where you fly from A to B on your own. I am really struggling finding heading to my next waypoint after I get to 8k altitude and over the runway. What am I missing and what should I be setting and what should I be looking at to find my next point. I know that they heading to my next spot is 161(I think) is this something that I will see on instrumentation and which instrument should I be looking at? Thanks for any help, havent flown a sim for a decade or so lol.

I highly recommend this mod that improves the default A320 neo.

FlyByWire

cockpit-1.1c5a0940.jpg

Reactions: CubsFanTN
You guys are making me want to try this game out.

Hook me up with some fort Rucker shots
I just figured out how to screenshot...........................................................Sorry, havent been a PC gamer in over a decade and stuff has changed. Ill try to get a flight or two in today and do a fly around. Anything partiular you are wanting to see there?

My Thrustmaster HOTAS should come in today (got it for this and Squadrons) so excited to not have to use a controller for this

VN Store

Back