New Lawsuit against Div 1

LouderVol

Extra and Terrestrial
NCPA files civil rights complaint vs. Div. I schools

I dont understand the racial argument here. At least for compensation, the white players are similarily not paid.

But it is funny to hear the quiet part out loud "College athletes throughout predominantly White sports receive fair market compensation, but athletes in the only predominantly Black sports (FBS football and men's and women's basketball) do not. "

Fair market compensation for the "white" sports =0. Kinda destroys all the Title 9 and other equality laws that have been enforced with revenue sports funding non revenue sports. Seems like they are trying to defeat themselves, or at least making counter arguments.

And I wonder how they want fair market value assigned for the third string kid that never sees the field?

Anyway, another step on the way to straight up pay for play because the NCAA refused to address the issue.

The last paragraph mentions that they have also filed a lawsuit to make football, men and women basketball players school employees.

It also talks about schools are not up to tittle IX requirements pointing out there are 100,000 fewer women on scholarships then men.

The last paragraph mentions that they have also filed a lawsuit to make football, men and women basketball players school employees.

It also talks about schools are not up to tittle IX requirements pointing out there are 100,000 fewer women on scholarships then men.

When (it's probably going to happen) college athletes become employees the athletes will not like it.

Yeah and if the money sports get to keep their money to pay players there are going to be even fewer women athletes.

What's funny is this is going to create a pure amateur college sports systems with no scholarships. Intramurals are going to grow. The rich get richer, while the poor get poorer

Reactions: Raebo
What's funny is this is going to create a pure amateur college sports systems with no scholarships. Intramurals are going to grow. The rich get richer, while the poor get poorer

I thought that too. When the schools employ their athletes there will be an opening for actual students to play in an additional league.

This lawsuit is a dumb way to go about it. Just sue the NCAA straight up for preventing athlete pay. Don’t need to do it under the pretext of racial discrimination.

The NCAA is going to be forced to allow schools to pay players. Those that can afford to will form their own division, while the others carry on as normal albeit poorer.

The division that pays players will almost certainly not be able to support any but revenue-producing sports on the mens side. The rest of the programs will have to get dropped.

The big question is if schools are forced to make BB and FB players employees or all scholarship athletes for that matter employees, does that mean title IX no longer applies? Could they get rid of all of the female and male non revenue sports?

Reactions: tbwhhs
The big question is if schools are forced to make BB and FB players employees or all scholarship athletes for that matter employees, does that mean title IX no longer applies? Could they get rid of all of the female and male non revenue sports?
I think eventually it will come to it. I’d imagine the first step will be the NCAA just lifting the rule that athletes can’t get paid. To gain an advantage there will certainly be programs that start paying and it will be an arms race. Most athletic budget margins are slim and for them to compete will have to cut non revenue sports. Title IX won’t go anywhere so universities will still have to fund those sports. I’d imagine they’d need to set up a new division for programs that are paying players. It’s going to get messy I’m sure

NCPA files civil rights complaint vs. Div. I schools

I dont understand the racial argument here. At least for compensation, the white players are similarily not paid.

But it is funny to hear the quiet part out loud "College athletes throughout predominantly White sports receive fair market compensation, but athletes in the only predominantly Black sports (FBS football and men's and women's basketball) do not. "

Fair market compensation for the "white" sports =0. Kinda destroys all the Title 9 and other equality laws that have been enforced with revenue sports funding non revenue sports. Seems like they are trying to defeat themselves, or at least making counter arguments.

And I wonder how they want fair market value assigned for the third string kid that never sees the field?

Anyway, another step on the way to straight up pay for play because the NCAA refused to address the issue.
This is just embarrassing. You lose all credibility as an organization when you put something this stupid in writing. What is a "white sport"? Hockey? If people keep undermining the autonomy of college athletics it will be eventually be destroyed(at least as we know it) and a lot of people that are getting a free education because of their abilities will end up on the losing end of this. It won't be the universities or the coaches.

This is just embarrassing. You lose all credibility as an organization when you put something this stupid in writing. What is a "white sport"? Hockey? If people keep undermining the autonomy of college athletics it will eventually be destroyed(at least as we know it) and a lot of people that are getting a free education because of their abilities will end up on the losing end of this. It won't be the universities or the coaches.

This is just embarrassing. You lose all credibility as an organization when you put something this stupid in writing. What is a "white sport"? Hockey? If people keep undermining the autonomy of college athletics it will be eventually be destroyed(at least as we know it) and a lot of people that are getting a free education because of their abilities will end up on the losing end of this. It won't be the universities or the coaches.
What's going to be funny/ironic is with pay to play being the name of the game you are going to see those who dont play not get paid, so even some football players at big schools wont being getting theirs.

Not sure if the NFL counts as a fair market with the exceptions they have, but there is a reason the teams are limited in size compared to college. For the top earners to earn theirs the bottom earners are going to earn less than they have now.

Also better get a tax attorney on speed dial while you pay income tax from every state you played a game in. Will just help the SEC, and Big 12 more, the ACC a bit, with more lower tax states. States without income taxes will have an edge. 3 of the 9 are in the SEC, tennessee, florida, texas. The only other state with a P5 program is Washington. The rest are Alaska, New Hampshire, south, Dakota, Nevada, and Wyoming.

Yeah and if the money sports get to keep their money to pay players there are going to be even fewer women athletes.

With the appointment of our newest Supreme Court Justice there will automatically be fewer scholarship women athletes because that Justices refuses to define the word woman. Trans-pronouns will soon be getting the athletic scholarships currently reserved for women...see the NCAA "Women's" Swimming Championships for proof.

VN Store

Back