New Kiffin Article out of Gainesville

Tennessee Jack

Sinaasappel is terug.
This seems to be one of the most objective things I've seen on Kiffin in a while. It doesn't label him an instant-success or a premature failure like some other writers have chosen to do. It's certainly tinged with optimism, but it doesn't swing too far to either side of the pendulum in my opinion. It's relatively light-hearted with some humor injected.

"Lane Kiffin is coming to steal your children. If it doesn't happen in 2009, you can bet on it happening in 2010."

"Teague committed to UF last month but now appears to be waffling on that decision. His high school coach has told a few people in Knoxville that his star player is headed to UT."

Gator Clause

Keep in mind this was a 5-7 UT team doing this to the reigning National Champions.

Food for thought.

Wow, that's the first I've heard of the high school coach "leak"..... and he's a Bammer!!!

Wow ,and this guy is in Gainesville this is probably the best posi article I've read on this staff all year :whistling:

If anyone has read the history of these coaches, they can bring in some recruits. I am surprised Kiffin didn't go after Trooper Taylor when he wanted out of OK State. The only way our staff could be better recruiting wise would have been to get Taylor or Gardner out of GA. This staff will get to the level they need to be at by 2011. Now if they can win enough on the field to buy that time? I hope so.

That came from Where???

I really enjoyed reading that, thanks for posting!

Look what Lane is fighting.... a coaching staff that has only been together for less than a month, coming off a 5-7 season, competing with the NC, and is still getting some good recruits. I can not wait till next year when we bring in one of the top 5 classes in the country. Lane is doing some great things and I hope this time next year we are talking about a raise and an extension for him.

If anyone has read the history of these coaches, they can bring in some recruits. I am surprised Kiffin didn't go after Trooper Taylor when he wanted out of OK State. The only way our staff could be better recruiting wise would have been to get Taylor or Gardner out of GA. This staff will get to the level they need to be at by 2011. Now if they can win enough on the field to buy that time? I hope so.

he tried

Aubrun offered a 5 year contract

I can't stand how they always say that we stole all the coaches away from other teams!!!!!:eek:hmy:

I noticed the Oku comment as well...caught my eye/curiousity. Apparently "Oku" isn't familiar with Monte Kiffen's or Jim Chaney's reputation/accomplishments.

Ha a user name "Myles" said:

"I guess Monte Kiffin doensn't know much about coaching."

I love it that it's also UF fans that call him "Satan". Makes me almost want to shake hands...

I would rather they say we "stole" the coaches, rather than we gave them better offers.

Coaches are always looking to pad their resumes and their pockets. This happens every year, but this year, all the rival fans think we're doing something unethical.

They can take a hike. :bash:

Great Read ! Thanks For Posting !

I would love to see CLK make this big splash that everyone is hoping for and Big Orange be the talk of National Signing Day.

I'm goin to have to wear my shades..... The future is bright in Big Orange Country !

I found the following fan blog to be as informative
as the article.RESPECT of our coaches abilities.
As well as a sense of worry.:)

This guy could never get a job with the KNS... Captain Obvious would never allow somebody to get in there and write objective, respectful things about the program...

This seems to be one of the most objective things I've seen on Kiffin in a while. It doesn't label him an instant-success or a premature failure like some other writers have chosen to do. It's certainly tinged with optimism, but it doesn't swing too far to either side of the pendulum in my opinion. It's relatively light-hearted with some humor injected.

"Lane Kiffin is coming to steal your children. If it doesn't happen in 2009, you can bet on it happening in 2010."

"Teague committed to UF last month but now appears to be waffling on that decision. His high school coach has told a few people in Knoxville that his star player is headed to UT."

Gator Clause

Very good read, I agree this article is very objective and just tells it like it is. Thanks for sharing!

VN Store

Back