New In-Depth Practice Video

In the first couple minutes of the clip, Keyen Green is moving really well. She appears to have amazing footwork and quickness. Jordy Walker seems to bring a poised quickness at the guard position that we haven’t had in a while.

I’m really starting to think we’re going to see a MUCH improved team that could surprise some folks — big time! We shall see.

almost time for our favorite season!!

here is a 8 minute video where we get to see Kellie's coaching closely....Enjoy!!

Uncontested FT and 3's, and lightly guarded layups, vanilla video. I am excited about this team and think they as a team have more potential than last year, but this video shows very little.

Reactions: savannahfan
Based on this video I will be very surprise if we miss more than one or two shots a game.
I wish they showed real practice videos with team messing up and coaches correcting mistakes and bad habits.
Google Bob Knight practice videos. You can see pretty much see a whole practice instead of just a "highlight" film.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Uncontested FT and 3's, and lightly guarded layups, vanilla video. I am excited about this team and think they as a team have more potential than last year, but this video shows very little.
Im sure there was more...come on the practice was 2 HOURS long they arent going to give us a even a 20 minute video...this is just a peek compared to the WHOLE practice:rolleyes:

In the first couple minutes of the clip, Keyen Green is moving really well. She appears to have amazing footwork and quickness. Jordy Walker seems to bring a poised quickness at the guard position that we haven’t had in a while.

I’m really starting to think we’re going to see a MUCH improved team that could surprise some folks — big time! We shall see.

We saw exactly the same things. WOW! Keyen has quicker footwork than some guards we’ve had over the years. And Walker could very well be our Shannon Bobbitt — that experienced guard who comes in and crushes it. 😄

I also agree with another poster about Marta. She’ll need time to adjust to the speed of the college game, of course, but that young woman is going to compete!

There really wasn’t a single disappointment in this entire video. I’m ready for these players to show off how good they can be!

The folks who were disappointed in the video really should try to look — and listen — more closely. Players were more confident in their body language and verbal communications this early in the practice season than I’ve seen in years.

The folks who were disappointed in the video really should try to look — and listen — more closely. Players were more confident in their body language and verbal communications this early in the practice season than I’ve seen in years.

I agree. However..... when I could take my eyes off of "little Kellie" (man she looks small with these women!" there did seem to me to be some "let's get on with this" expressions. To use an overused word , I wonder if everyone is boughtin?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Based on this video I will be very surprise if we miss more than one or two shots a game.
I wish they showed real practice videos with team messing up and coaches correcting mistakes and bad habits.
Google Bob Knight practice videos. You can see pretty much see a whole practice instead of just a "highlight" film.

If you watch you can see at least three instances of coaches correcting mistakes 2 with Coach Kellie (one she showed them a correct pass after she stopped practice and proceeded to tell them that her pass was better than any pass she has seen all day😂) and one with Coach Sullivan instructing and correcting mistakes. That leads me to believe that there is actual coaching and teaching going on in these practices.

People complained for years that there wasn’t an emphasis put on offense now we actually see Kellie teaching offensive reads and sets. I was glad to see the coaches get on the players while they weren’t biting their heads off or spitting fire you can tell those two coaches at least can get intense !

If you watch you can see at least three instances of coaches correcting mistakes 2 with Coach Kellie (one she showed them a correct pass after she stopped practice and proceeded to tell them that her pass was better than any pass she has seen all day😂) and one with Coach Sullivan instructing and correcting mistakes. That leads me to believe that there is actual coaching and teaching going on in these practices.

People complained for years that there wasn’t an emphasis put on offense now we actually see Kellie teaching offensive reads and sets. I was glad to see the coaches get on the players while they weren’t biting their heads off or spitting fire you can tell those two coaches at least can get intense !

I am sure you are right. I only watched the first couple minutes before I got tired of all the made 3 point shots and layups.
On YouTube you can see some hour long plus men's college teams practices but it would be nice to see one of the Lady Vols. Maybe there is one and I just couldn't find it. Oh well

I am sure you are right. I only watched the first couple minutes before I got tired of all the made 3 point shots and layups.
On YouTube you can see some hour long plus men's college teams practices but it would be nice to see one of the Lady Vols. Maybe there is one and I just couldn't find it. Oh well
I agree with that... the final product is comin on TV soon anyways!!!

I didnt know that McCoy shoots the 3 ball. Did she ever do that in a game last season?

We saw exactly the same things. WOW! Keyen has quicker footwork than some guards we’ve had over the years. And Walker could very well be our Shannon Bobbitt — that experienced guard who comes in and crushes it. 😄

I also agree with another poster about Marta. She’ll need time to adjust to the speed of the college game, of course, but that young woman is going to compete!

There really wasn’t a single disappointment in this entire video. I’m ready for these players to show off how good they can be!

Yes to this entire post!

I’m still eager to see how quality our guard play is in terms of poise and offensive production. I think Jordy gives us a different look in terms of her ability to take you off the bounce. Hopefully her 3 point shoot is good enough to keep defenses honest.

If all our key players from last year (Horston, Rae, Rennia and Tamari) all show significant improvement in their skills, good things will happen!

The one thing you can take from practice Video is a skill set and you see this in this team. Rather shooting ability good footwork quick footwork and passing ect. The unanswered question is the Mental Toughness and Heart when these games get tough because of equal or even better skill of players how will these Lady Vols play and handle. We will see in time. I expect a very good year. In CHRIST Alone.

I also want to give a shout-out to the men who are serving as practice players. While there wasn't a LOT of footage with them in it, the little that there was showed me that at least the group there THAT day had the level of skill and quickness to really help the team improve. They didn't appear to be trying to bring it down a few notches so as to not overwhelm the women, as I have noticed some practice players in the past appeared to do. I wouldn't want them to be so tough that they risk hurting the women, but I do want our Lady Vols to really have to work super hard to compete with them.

Thanks, guys! When the Lady Vols have a great season, YOU will be a huge reason why!

almost time for our favorite season!!

here is a 8 minute video where we get to see Kellie's coaching closely....Enjoy!!

A couple of things that stood out, at least to me, in this video,
1, the ladies are engaged in the coaching and asking questions.
2, the ladies are talking and encouraging each other.
3, finishing around the basket is being stressed.
All are encouraging signs, imo.
GBO!!

there was a contested 3 in this short vid if that makes you feel any better😊

Didn't see them miss a 3 footer. No reason with the talent on the team now they can't get a lot better in that area. Hopefully Tamari has added strength to her finesse game. KK looks strong. Hoping she can elevate a little more on the putback this season. Overall, in the glimpse provided, I think the post play looked better, Jessie looked reliable on the kick-out and our talent level took a pretty good size jump this season.

I liked that were practicing layups even if they are uncontested and also stressing the pass to the three shooter on the drive and from the post. The second year in a system for a lot of the players and they get better by knowing more of what the coaches want. I'd like to see Coach Harper split the teams up and play a scrimmage we've certainly got the players. Davis, Green, Saunders, Walker, Suarez, and Salary on one team Key, Burrell, Horston, KK, Darby, Rennie, and McCoy on the other. It would be nice to watch two or three five minute sessions of a scrimmage like this.

VN Store

Back