New Fleser piece on Lady Vol assistants

Thanks for posting. There are a couple errors. When he refers to Angel Kelly, I think he means Angel Reese. MiMi was in the class after Evina. Two, Jasi and Rennia, remain from the #1 class of 2017.

Enjoyed the article. Thanks again for posting. And if anyone knows of a top 5 recruit named Angel Kelly, please post.

There is an Angel Kelly who graduated from Duncanville High in 2019.

Reactions: RollerVol
can't wait to see how all this works out...season will be here before you know it...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

Fleser is the one non TN staff or player who I would be interested in his professional opinion on the underachievement. His primary beat for 30 plus years was the LVs and I expect he observed much that was not written. I am surprised at the errors in name and class in the article.

thanks for posting

Reactions: mcannon1
Thanks for posting. There are a couple errors. When he refers to Angel Kelly, I think he means Angel Reese. MiMi was in the class after Evina. Two, Jasi and Rennia, remain from the #1 class of 2017.

Enjoyed the article. Thanks again for posting. And if anyone knows of a top 5 recruit named Angel Kelly, please post.

There is an Angel Kelly who graduated from Duncanville High in 2019.

"Tennessee signed recruiting classes in 2017 and ’18 that were ranked in the top 5 nationally. The ’17 class was ranked No. 1. Yet three of the eight players from those classes (Anastasia Hayes, Evina Westbrook and Mimi Collins) already have left and the team has underachieved."

He said those classes, not just 2017.

Everything seems much more transparent and open with Kellie at the helm. Stories like this build confidence among the fan base because we can see that coaches care about the same things we do; they pay attention to the little things on and off the court. It’s beyond encouraging.

Here's another Fleser article dealing with prospective recruits and the importance of attitude:
Dan Fleser: Attitude To Be Strong Factor In Lady Vol Recruiting

Excellent! And I I agree with the poster above that there at least seems to be a higher degree of transparency with this staff. While it may just be because they know that at this time they need to go way above and beyond normal engagement just to get themselves and their philosophies out there quickly because they're starting from behind, but still... it has been a real treat. I definitely get the sense that this group is hungry, and have and abundance of energy to get out and make things happen. They know they have a LOT of work to do quickly, and are handling it extremely well from what I can see so far.

Ya know, I think sometimes when a coach has been somewhere for a long, long time, that level of comfortability with community can make a person (and those who work with them) somewhat complacent. Complacency can make a person casually pass up opportunities to grow a fanship, too. Right now there is no-one on this staff who has one iota of complacency in them. They are out there crushing it, and I will be shocked as can be if attendance doesn't make a healthy uptick this season.

Reactions: mcannon1
Everything seems much more transparent and open with Kellie at the helm. Stories like this build confidence among the fan base because we can see that coaches care about the same things we do; they pay attention to the little things on and off the court. It’s beyond encouraging.

Maybe Kellie realizes that if she is going to minimize early focus on the team, it has to be on her.
A coach with a engaging personality and one unafraid of the camera is a double commodity

I am liking her more and more

Love the video...should resonate with recruits.

Current vibe and showcases the staff underscoring seriousness in listing qualities they're looking for (sending a clear message to prospects)...while also showing a loose, fun side.

Also love the attitude they have been projecting that they are willing to be selective to get the right fits to achieve the desired results.

In other words, having the old elite school attitude that says that it's an honor and privilege to wear the Orange and that the staff isn't begging anyone to come or promising special treatment based on recruiting service rankings. You want to be a LVFL and do things the Tennessee Way, we'll support you 100% in helping you become the best you can be (on and off the court). If that's not your focus...

well, there are hundreds of other universities from which to choose. Nice meeting you.

*The amended Goldwire theme song:

"Lacey's aplomb has got it goin' on."

Last edited:
Creekdipper- In other words, having the old elite school attitude that says that it's an honor and privilege to wear the Orange and that the staff isn't begging anyone to come or promising special treatment based on recruiting service rankings. You want to be a LVFL and do things the Tennessee Way, we'll support you 100% in helping you become the best you can be (on and off the court). If that's not your focus.

well-stated - Kelly stated in her acceptance talk the importance (see above)

Reactions: Ladyvol777
Maybe Kellie realizes that if she is going to minimize early focus on the team, it has to be on her.
A coach with a engaging personality and one unafraid of the camera is a double commodity

I am liking her more and more

Kellie is quite capable and confident, and she's gonna lead her team by example. She's already changing the culture and she'll hold her players accountable, but she's not one to throw them under the bus. What a pleasant change; a coach who coaches her players up, makes them better players and puts this program back on the right track!!

Kellie is quite capable and confident, and she's gonna lead her team by example. She's already changing the culture and she'll hold her players accountable, but she's not one to throw them under the bus. What a pleasant change; a coach who coaches her players up, makes them better players and puts this program back on the right track!!

The key is what you said,,,"changing the culture"
She brought "her game" with her
Might just be an Alpha in this bunch...Maybe more than one

Reactions: Hangtyme24

VN Store

Back