New Family Member

Vol524

I rescued Bruno yesterday. He is an African Mastiff. He turned 1 year old in Christmas day. His previous owner is going through a divorce and could not keep him. He is still growing but weighs 170 pounds. He can't figure out why my wife's cat doesn't want to be friends.

Attachments

• 20210102_170210.jpg
    20210102_170210.jpg
    821.5 KB · Views: 14
He is probably as tall as he will get but he will fill out some more. His Dad weighed 210.

She did a great job training him. He is house trained, knows about invisible fence, and has been socialized. He loves everyone. I had him out walking through the neighborhood. The neighbors boxer ran out to meet us. The boxer started to growl. Bruno just looked at me with this puzzled look on his face. Then he looks back at the boxer and makes this deep deep moan like growl. The boxer stepped back. Then they started playing. I had to drag Bruno home. Those two tore up that front lawn playing. The neighbor was like good lord that looks like a pony. His boxer is a female. I hope he gets along as well with the other dogs. I am going to wait until I really get to know him before we make a trip to the dog park. I am not even sure we will do that. But, he really is a big baby. I would just hate to have to try and break up a dog fight of that size.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I rescued Bruno yesterday. He is an African Mastiff. He turned 1 year old in Christmas day. His previous owner is going through a divorce and could not keep him. He is still growing but weighs 170 pounds. He can't figure out why my wife's cat doesn't want to be friends.
Wow, he appears to be almost as tall as the kitchen counter, even when seated! How much does he eat a day?

Have fun cleaning up the yard after him! 🤪

Wow, he appears to be almost as tall as the kitchen counter, even when seated! How much does he eat a day?

Have fun cleaning up the yard after him! 🤪
He eats 2 cups of Lamb and Rice puppy food twice a day for the next 3 months. The vet said to move him to large breed adult food. He really doesn't eat much more than my labs did.

Reactions: VolNExile
The boys just got home from the other Grandparents. Kadyn found out Bruno likes to take a bath. lol Kadyn was soaking in the jetted tub. Bruno runs into the bathroom and jumps in the tub with him. I have to go clean up a mess. SMH

Beautiful pup

Awwh, he is a big fellow and a handsome fellow too

The boys just got home from the other Grandparents. Kadyn found out Bruno likes to take a bath. lol Kadyn was soaking in the jetted tub. Bruno runs into the bathroom and jumps in the tub with him. I have to go clean up a mess. SMH
🤣

VN Store

Back