New ESPN Hoopgurlz 2020 rankings

This site projects Lauren as next year's #1 WNBA draft pick.

2020 WNBA mock draft: Big Board 2.0 with team projections

1. Indiana Fever select Lauren Cox, 6’4 F/C, Baylor
For WNBA teams in search of that next Breanna Stewart/Elena Delle Donne hybrid, Cox is the best bet out of the 2020 draft to make that leap as a professional. As a junior, she continued to be a force from inside the arc, with the ability to step outside, grabbing rebounds, blocking shots and even posting an assist rate near 20 percent. The positional fit for the Fever here is far greater than Sabrina Ionescu, with Kelsey Mitchell and Erica Wheeler looking like a backcourt for Indiana for many years to come. But a starting five of those two, Teaira McCowan, Cox and Candice Dupree, with Victoria Vivians back next year with instant offense off the bench, Shenise Johnson and Tiffany Mitchell in the rotation as well? That’ll be a team that can win a lot of games.

Also, they project former Lady Bear Bea Mompremier as the #3 overall selection to Dallas.

Reactions: Will83
- making a top five for the best players is obviously important. BUbear just mentioned Cox and Mompremier - two players who visited and had the LVs as probably top 3. and as we know the LVs failed to get name on dotted line for any of the players they heavily recruited.

Question for Boarders - given Westfeld's family pedigree, now early August, the list of schools, KJH"s first and the logo not being the LVs logo do you have high expectations?

Question for Boarders - given Westfeld's family pedigree, now early August, the list of schools, KJH"s first and the logo not being the LVs logo do you have high expectations?

I'm thrilled that Madelyn Westbeld has the Lady Vols in her Final Five because even making THAT is a huge confidence builder for the Tennessee staff as far as recruiting goes. But I think we can easily infer that Tennessee isn't Madelyn Westbeld's "dream school." Tennessee is obviously a school/program she respects, but if it were a "dream school"-type of situation she'd well know the importance of using the Lady Vols logo.

This is NOT to say that I don't think UT has any chance whatsoever. Just saying that I doubt she secretly has a closet full of Lady Vol gear already. lol

- making a top five for the best players is obviously important. BUbear just mentioned Cox and Mompremier - two players who visited and had the LVs as probably top 3. and as we know the LVs failed to get name on dotted line for any of the players they heavily recruited.

I’m very optimistic that, within a couple-three seasons we’ll be a top contender, nationally, for both titles, and recruits. Because this staff is that good, and because our roster is almost that good.
Almost.
But, the reality is we have five new players who are joining a team that finished with a dozen losses, half of those, consecutive; a team that dismissed its previous staff, graduated a couple players, and saw a couple others move on.
Also, a team with lots of length, agility, and athleticism, and a couple probable All-Americans in waiting. And, a team probably looking for (at least) one, inside-out/outside-in player:
Angel? Madeline? Treasure?
A team with four new coaches who recruited none on roster (though much credit must be given for retaining those recruited by the previous staff, plus Miss McCoy.
So, a lot of talent.
A lot of questions.
And, those prized recruits also are probably, and rightfully in wait-and-see mode.
I truly believe that any one of those three (and, of course, there are others - we all have our wish lists) could make us very good.
I have no idea whom our staff wants the most, nor will I be shocked if we sign ...no one.

Personally, and for the reasons you mentioned, I’m not optimistic of signing the great player, Madeline Westbeld, though I don’t think the Logo is necessarily significant.

And, the I told you so-ldiers will say, well, I suppose they’ll say, “I told you so.”

But, be of good cheer; we’re going to be quite good ...This Season!

And, Coach Harper will begin to get answers to her Twelve Biggest Questions at high noon.

Exciting times!

Van Lith - I was watching some of the u-tube promos on the players the LVs were recruiting and for most players less than 1000 watches:
Van Lith has a half million on some and 250000 on others. She definitely has a cult following!
I would love for HVL to come to Baylor. She reminds me of a young Kim Mulkey.
ncw_a_mulkey_gb1_576.jpgi.jpg

There's a rumour that Van Lith is a silent Baylor commit. Who knows? She and her father have been tight lipped about her recruitment.

Reactions: krichunaka
This is just a polite request. Would posters please refrain from trying to sound funny by making fun of a possible future player or her family. The cringe worthy comments in this thread can be read by anyone, and must make it harder for our Coaches to recruit, especially if a player or her family have been insulted by a few fans here, even though we hope they ignore totally immature and rude comments. Think first, and thanks. 🙂

VN Store

Back