New Donald Artice

this kind of caught me off guard.

There is some pressure for me to go to Tennessee and that kind of caught me off guard.

everyone on here keeps saying that he is a Tennessee lock, but Im not feeling it. If he's such a lock why the delay?

i've read that Chris Donald is retaking his ACT/SAT at his mother's request. Why would Chris need to retake the test if he most definitely qualified under instate eligibility? Also, coming so short after the Weiss visit, i am starting to become concerned.

i've read that Chris Donald is retaking his ACT/SAT at his mother's request. Why would Chris need to retake the test if he most definitely qualified under instate eligibility? Also, coming so short after the Weiss visit, i am starting to become concerned.
his score was high enough to get into ND. his mom is a teacher and knows he can do better.

His mom is a teacher and expects more out of him. He scored kinda low on the ACT and she wants him to get a better score.

another thing is with rico, mathis, and other freshmen, does it make a factor to Donald on how many linebackers we have signed? or our depth at LB.

Rico and Donald sounds pretty sick together.

another thing is with rico, mathis, and other freshmen, does it make a factor to Donald on how many linebackers we have signed? or our depth at LB.

Rico and Donald sounds pretty sick together.

We get alot of talent that only sees special teams and never sees the defensive or offensive side of the ball. I don't think it will matter anyways because of the injury problem we have encountered at LB ever since Burnett and Simon were here. I don't know what Chris has decided, but now that I have read him a Walker are friends he might be coming to UT. It just sits uneasy with me that if he has made a decision and isn't officially visiting, even though he has been here a few times.

There is no need to officialy visit before his decision. He has seen everything imaginable at UT.

One question I need to ask anyone that doubts we will get Donald:

Why would he come in on an official visit after he commits unless he is a Vol?

It would make no sense if he has already made up his mind and committed to come in. He isn't going to see anything new at that point.

One question I need to ask anyone that doubts we will get Donald:

Why would he come in on an official visit after he commits unless he is a Vol?

It would make no sense if he has already made up his mind and committed to come in. He isn't going to see anything new at that point.

Last week we had a number of commits come in even though they had already committed to Tennessee.

Ok. I understand that. My point was if he commits to ND, why have the visit scheduled? Teams bring in committed players for officials all the time, but bringing in Donald if he commits to ND would be a waste since he isn't going to see anything new. We know that as does Chris. He wouldn't have set up an official for afterwards unless he is going to be in orange.

me too, but I have to believe that Berry gives us a little help, a little momentum, he's got to see the talented group he would be a part of.

I think that our success in recruiting at the LB position will hurt us with Donald, no? We have 4 commmitments, 2 of those 4 star players. Now, one of those 4 stars (Gerald Williams) may not be able to come to UT right away because of academics, is that true? But still, that worries me a bit. I think that Donald would probably get playing time over these guys...but...ND only has 1 LB recruit...

It is really going to hurt if we don't get Chris Donald. I thought that we had a good shot at one time (particularly considering he is from TN..but not Knoxville..so it's not the common ol' UT problem with Harrison Smith)....but I'm beginning to worry.

i honestly don't know where he is going to end up... but i DO find it interesting that Weis is not pursuing any other LB's at this time (other than Zo Edwards... the LB/S hybrid). this tells me that Donald is still in the running since ND has SERIOUS LB needs and Charlie isn't doing much searching.

that's just my perception of the whole ordeal. regardless of where he goes, Donald is a great kid and an amazing athlete... he will perform incredibly wherever he chooses to go.

Has anyone heard the latest. I am seeing alot of activity in regards to Donald going to ND. Is there a new article today or something?? :superman:

well, if we dont see him in Orange and White on Saturdays, we can only hope to see him in Blue and baby blue on Sundays.

VN Store

Back