New DL Carson Gentle commits to the Vols

Gentle is one of those names that doesn’t inspire the same dread as say „Slaughter“ does it? 😉
But what’s in a name? Glad he is a Vol commitment

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. That is not a name that instills fear. Hopefully his tackles changes that.

Is Baylor/McCallie still a big rivalry up that way? Haven’t kept up with the Chattanooga scene much the last decade or so.
Yeah, it's intense. McCallie has had the best of it for a few years. For a while it was Baylor, now McCallie has the upper hand.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. That is not a name that instills fear. Hopefully his tackles changes that.

It’s like a guy being named Tiny. You know tiny is a really big dude before you even meet him. You call a boy Sue and he grows up tough. I bet this guy has heard a billion Be Gentle With Me jokes and is ready to road grade people.

It’s like a guy being named Tiny. You know tiny is a really big dude before you even meet him. You call a boy Sue and he grows up tough. I bet this guy has heard a billion Be Gentle With Me jokes and is ready to road grade people.

Yeeah, but we have heard of more than one football player called Tiny. Tennessee has had at least one in the not too recent past. Name one from the past that is named Gentle. This is pretty much new territory. Commentators are going to have a field day for four years with this guy.

But on the upside? His name could pave the way for plenty of NIL opportunities. If he plays well? Huge! Too bad this didn't go into effect when Paul Bain was here. He could have been a spokesperson for a group of urologists!

Yeeah, but we have heard of more than one football player called Tiny. Tennessee has had at least one in the not too recent past. Name one from the past that is named Gentle. This is pretty much new territory. Commentators are going to have a field day for four years with this guy.

But on the upside? His name could pave the way for plenty of NIL opportunities. If he plays well? Huge! Too bad this didn't go into effect when Paul Bain was here. He could have been a spokesperson for a group of urologists!
Paul Bain was not in favor of NIL. That is why they could not be before he graduated. His disapproval prevented their very existence.

VN Store

Back