New DL Carson Gentle commits to the Vols

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
We got another for defense. I love how commit after commit, and even the recruits we whiff on talk about how REAL our staff is. I wouldn't be shocked if some of the good ones we whiff on, end up decommitting elsewhere and coming to the Vols after all for that very reason.
Chattanooga DL Carson Gentle Commits to Vols

We got another for defense. I love how commit after commit, and even the recruits we whiff on talk about how REAL our staff is. I wouldn't be shocked if some of the good ones we whiff on, end up decommitting elsewhere and coming to the Vols after all for that very reason.
Chattanooga DL Carson Gentle Commits to Vols

"Go Gentle Into That Recruiting Class"

Hope he doesn’t play too gentle on the field. Sorry I couldn’t resist. I have spoken

The guy plays at McCallie School in Chattanooga, so he is a smart young man. Plenty of time to gain another * or two. McCallie has won the Tennessee private school football championship for, if I'm not mistaken, 3 consecutive years. Very good program.

Grant Williams chose UT over Harvard. Seems to be doing fine.

So glad he's doing fine. However, like I tell wife Shirley when she throws out buts, and alter-facts, one size doesn't fit all. You will always have exceptions, and that dadgum thing called personal preference. Me? Umm. Much as I love my Vols, I'd pick Harvard too as the degree would mean much more. AND, here's a secret, restrained Mormon girls' and rich Harvard gals' curiosity results in their being adventurous and experimental. Plus, if you're good, you likely have a valuable someone you know when looking for lucrative employment. No sir, one size doesn't fit all.
smart-smiley-emoticon.png

Last edited:
Reactions: NighthawkVol
So glad he's doing fine. However, like I tell wife Shirley when she throws out buts, and alter-facts, one size doesn't fit all. You will always have exceptions, and that dadgum thing called personal preference. Me? Umm. Much as I love my Vols, I'd pick Harvard too as the degree would mean much more. AND, here's a secret, restrained Mormon girls' and rich Harvard gals' curiosity results in their being adventurous and experimental. Plus, if you're good, you likely have a valuable someone you know when looking for lucrative employment. No sir, one size doesn't fit all.
smart-smiley-emoticon.png

We agree. I’d choose Harvard too and I bleed orange as much as anyone. But UT was Grant’s choice and the right fit. May it also be a great fit for Gentle. It was his choice.

The guy plays at McCallie School in Chattanooga, so he is a smart young man. Plenty of time to gain another * or two. McCallie has won the Tennessee private school football championship for, if I'm not mistaken, 3 consecutive years. Very good program.
Is Baylor/McCallie still a big rivalry up that way? Haven’t kept up with the Chattanooga scene much the last decade or so.

Gentle is one of those names that doesn’t inspire the same dread as say „Slaughter“ does it? 😉
But what’s in a name? Glad he is a Vol commitment

If he was smart he would take Harvard. That way after he gets his degree he can go anywhere he wants.
All that glitters ain't gold. Parents and the kid really need to look long and hard before jumping into an Ivy environment.

Reactions: OrangeTsar
As I've posted elsewhere, Carson is part of an exceptional and gracious family. Tennessee fans will enjoy reading about and getting to know them.

His older brothers were outstanding players, but word around campus was--even when Carson was a freshman--the youngest Gentle is gonna be something special!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We agree. I’d choose Harvard too and I bleed orange as much as anyone. But UT was Grant’s choice and the right fit. May it also be a great fit for Gentle. It was his choice.
I was very satisfied with my career and being a Tennessee graduate. I didn't miss a thing I needed by NOT going to Harvard.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Grant Williams chose UT over Harvard. Seems to be doing fine.
Never said you wouldn't be fine choosing UT over Harvard. But Harvard is a much more prestigious college than UT by far. On average people do way better after graduating Harvard than UT.

VN Store

Back