New Commit - Allan Carson

Yeah I know but it just feels right to run a 4-3 to me, but whatever works I suppose.

I know, I've always dealt with the 4-3 with my teams (Panthers/Vols) but I love all of the LBs flying around in the 3-4.

Plus, Bama ran it and we can all agree that they did a good job with it last year.

Carson is down to around 310lbs now. He'd gotten down to 316 in March. The 327 on Rivals hasn't been changed. I think his ideal playing weight would be between 295-300lbs. Add a little quickness to his game.

Still a big ol boy at barely 6'0 tall.

203701.jpg

That's the most recent picture on Rivals which shows he's lost a little from earlier pictures...

Last edited:
Yes and I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. So far all my football teams (Titans/Vols) have ran the 4-3 so I don't know how I would like it. Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I don't see why everyone is such in love with the 34 D.

The Steelers run it successfully year after year and tug boat could be our Casey Hampton

But wait. Dooley sucks, right? It's in all the threads on this board. It must be true.

Yes and I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. So far all my football teams (Titans/Vols) have ran the 4-3 so I don't know how I would like it. Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I don't see why everyone is such in love with the 34 D.

I watched the Packers run it last year and I've become a fan of it. I was very skeptical at first, but it allows so many different blitz schemes that it can be very hard to prepare for.

Plus, a good 3-4 is the one defense that has given Manning fits since he first stepped in the NFL.

I watched the Packers run it last year and I've become a fan of it. I was very skeptical at first, but it allows so many different blitz schemes that it can be very hard to prepare for.

Plus, a good 3-4 is the one defense that has given Manning fits since he first stepped in the NFL.

Yeah basically the entire league is running it now. I think there are maybe 5-6 teams still running a true 4-3. I think the Ravens run a mixture of 4-3/3-4 as well.

VN Store

Back