• Petersen

• Kiffin

• Other

• Pruitt

• Patterson

• Gruden

• Leach

Results are only viewable after voting.
None of those guys are coming here. Get real. It's either Pruitt or a mid-major Butch gamble.

That ship sailed with Butch Jones onboard. We don't have that kind of pull. Additionally the word is out on this Administration, no top coach will work for these people.

Kiffin is not the cause of our downfall. Going cheap on his replacement is the downfall. I think that had he had maturity and thought out his options instead of making a rash and emotional decision he would have us competing for championships now. I think he has matured now and sees his errors. This maturity and obvious coaching ability i think makes him the perfect candidate. I don't think any fan of TN would ever expect that we would not have a chance in any game with him coaching. He has that quality that gives you hope regardless the circumstances whereas today I see no hope less 3 years of top 5 recruiting.

Unless you are bringing Peyton to the table, I don't care. We are irrelevant and everyone is just wasting time including me.
What has Peyton ever proven as a HC? That'd be the dumbest hire yet, and thats saying something.

Reactions: gsb0824
Hypothetically, If you could name your coach who would it be ? Reality is we can’t .
Bill Clark - UAB. The guy can coach and has proved it. We can afford him. We can't afford to continue with a guy who obviously can't coach a lick. Clark would have to take the current staff. But, it can be done.

What has Peyton ever proven as a HC? That'd be the dumbest hire yet, and thats saying something.
You say that with conviction don't you? You have no idea how he would do. Peyton is probably the most brilliant x and o's man in football. He would land qb's like Trevor Lawrence. Peyton is the man and can analyze any defense imaginable. He would be the best qb developer in the game. O lineman would sign in a second. I mean come on. Peyton has tons of money. It would be about the Vols. Right now, Vols are in between a rock and a hard place. Any coach thinking about coming here would be suspect of just seeing dollar signs. That's why we have to hire a Vol or keep cornbread.

I'm part of the group which believes we should wait to fire Pruitt, if we decide to take that route, no later than after his 3rd season. The reason being we would have a very hard time luring any proven coach here under the circumstances.

With that said, I think Kiffin is the only guy anyone on this board would be happy to have and would sign with us tomorrow. At the same time I couldn't see Fulmer hiring Kiffin. Thus, you wait out the storm
I would not be happy with Kiffin. No way, no how. Bill Clark is the guy. He's better than Kiffin and has proved it.

You say that with conviction don't you? You have no idea how he would do. Peyton is probably the most brilliant x and o's man in football. He would land qb's like Trevor Lawrence. Peyton is the man and can analyze any defense imaginable. He would be the best qb developer in the game. O lineman would sign in a second. I mean come on. Peyton has tons of money. It would be about the Vols. Right now, Vols are in between a rock and a hard place. Any coach thinking about coming here would be suspect of just seeing dollar signs. That's why we have to hire a Vol or keep cornbread.
Blue font?

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Wow 2 people actually want Pruitt to get a new contract.
I'm in favor of that, too--a performance based contract. If you don't perform, you get nothing! Right now, he has to be rated the absolute worst coach in the SEC.

It is not on the list but I would suggest Joe Brady LSU's Offensive Coordinator. He has turned a pitiful offense into what appears to be a juggernaut (to this point). And I'm not even going to get into the turnaround he has performed on the LSU quarterback. This guy has made LSU a genuine contender.

If you have a chance at all those names and your first response is Kiffin, you need to be punched in the reproductive organs repeatedly.

Reactions: 10acvolsfan

VN Store

Back