New Basevol committ. Logan Chambers, JUCO from Crowder College

I'm going to watch this fella play this Saturday. Crowder is playing St. Louis Community College, all proceeds go to an autism foundation. I cordially invite any and all Vols in the area (Neosho, Missouri) to join me.

I'll be the guy in the checkerboard facemask.

Game pushed to Sunday at 1 due to weather. I won't be able to make it (work).

Reactions: StarRaider
Any idea what position he is expected to play at UT? Since we’re replacing the entire infield, I’d expect him to play wherever he is best. Steenstra will be SS or 3B, I would assume.

I'm guessing he will play SS or 2nd according to who all shows up on campus. I'm thinking Steenstra will go to 1st and Lipscomb will play 3rd. Lawson will also play somewhere and Ortega if he can get bat going next spring. I don't think it will be as clear cut as it is this year with all being new players. I think you will have some trading spaces for a while.

I'm guessing he will play SS or 2nd according to who all shows up on campus. I'm thinking Steenstra will go to 1st and Lipscomb will play 3rd. Lawson will also play somewhere and Ortega if he can get bat going next spring. I don't think it will be as clear cut as it is this year with all being new players. I think you will have some trading spaces for a while.

Lipcius could also return I believe. I'd love to see Lipscomb finally get in the lineup. Steenstra as well. Lawson and Ortega will have a fight on their hands though with Chambers, Moore, and Spikes coming in. Beck, Booker/Scott, Gilbert should have the OF locked down. Going to be impossible to project at this point, but we should be extremely talented again.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Reactions: NighthawkVol
Agreed on all fronts. I think Steenstra’s future is at 1st. His “position player” skill set combined with size makes him ideal at first IMO. Combine that with his struggles to stay down on the ball sometimes at SS, I just see 1st being a better long term fit. Chambers JUCO coach has said he’s greatly improved his glove up the middle so I think he fits in at 2nd. If his bat translates to SEC ball he can continue where Max has left off and be a Robert Moore clone in terms of power and avg. From a bat perspective only, I believe Trey and Lawson can give us more than Jake and Liam in terms of power. I really think given the reps those two can be 8-10 HR/year guys.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back