New Assistant S&C

I'm staring to think Pruitt's retooling his staff for 2021 which he knows will be his last stand if the incompetence continues. The old HC fires all the assistants move to get you one more yr.

I'm staring to think Pruitt's retooling his staff for 2021 which he knows will be his last stand if the incompetence continues. The old HC fires all the assistants move to get you one more yr.

My GUESS is that all hires are only for Pruitt OR interim HC if he has to be let go. They will be part of next years staff regardless and not expendable for next coach if there is a next coach.. I don't expect key hires till we have more of a final decision on the HC situation. Steele is part of the deal period.

My GUESS is that all hires are only for Pruitt OR interim HC if he has to be let go. They will be part of next years staff regardless and not expendable for next coach if there is a next coach.. I don't expect key hires till we have more of a final decision on the HC situation. Steele is part of the deal period.
There is no decision to be made.
Pruitt will coach in 21.

I am afraid that these are all signs that Pruitt is our HC for 2021. What HC is going to want to walk into a staff already in place that are not his? The only other option is if Pruitt was gone and Chaney or Steele were made HC or interim HC

At this point I just want all the dramas to end and the admin to make a decision. Announce to the public that Pruitt is leaving or staying.

If Pruitt stays, then I hope for the best next seal son and beyond. If he is fired, then I hope for the best next yr and beyond. UT is an embarrassment rt now and has been for years.

Reactions: 89 VOLS grad
There is no decision to be made.
Pruitt will coach in 21.
Yep and it seems that someone in the highter ups knows the violations are not going to be enough to run pruitt off! Too much forward movement for that to happen. Lets hope Gray was a puppet and what ever coaches was pulling the string are going up the road as well. Not my choice but we can Freeze next year cause he aint going anywhere either! JMHO as always!

I am afraid that these are all signs that Pruitt is our HC for 2021. What HC is going to want to walk into a staff already in place that are not his? The only other option is if Pruitt was gone and Chaney or Steele were made HC or interim HC
Don't be afraid... take is as signs that Pruitt is figuring out how to be a good HC. Not saying he is or isn't... but maybe. Part of it is hiring the right people. He messed up with Friend and Brumbaugh... these changes could be the corrections that lead to success.

Nobody on the board wants to hear this, but Dabo Swinney had to make similar changes after he went 6-7 in year 3 (he hasn't won fewer than 10 games since). Dan Mullen also had to make changes at MSU after he went 2-6 in the SEC during his 3rd year. The nail isn't in Pruitt's coffin yet... assembling a good staff is a critical part of the job. Here's to hoping he gets it right and makes the other adjustments needed to succeed. To me it comes down to "How determined is Pruitt to being successful at Tennessee?" Don't know.

Don't be afraid... take is as signs that Pruitt is figuring out how to be a good HC. Not saying he is or isn't... but maybe. Part of it is hiring the right people. He messed up with Friend and Brumbaugh... these changes could be the corrections that lead to success.

Nobody on the board wants to hear this, but Dabo Swinney had to make similar changes after he went 6-7 in year 3 (he hasn't won fewer than 10 games since). Dan Mullen also had to make changes at MSU after he went 2-6 in the SEC during his 3rd year. The nail isn't in Pruitt's coffin yet... assembling a good staff is a critical part of the job. Here's to hoping he gets it right and makes the other adjustments needed to succeed. To me it comes down to "How determined is Pruitt to being successful at Tennessee?" Don't know.
Fingers crossed

Cant fire Pruitt unless he committed violations. Finishing 3-7 is acceptable and not a reason for firing but UT will save about 2 mil if they wait to fire him after next year. Losing more than 2 mil during the season for keeping him. What a disaster.

Boom!

This staff is getting stronger...

A Storm is coming...

200.gif

VN Store

Back