New Assistant Coach

sickandtired

Fulmer should consider adding a coach to the staff with some sort of military background. Whether it be a coach from a military academy or a coach which has served our great country, we need discipline. You have to figure that someone with a military background can reign in this unruly team and hopefully lead to less penalties and a better attitude.

Let's discuss who can bring our program discipline.

We face the Memhis Tigers saturday and their HC is Tommy West. He was my hs defensive coordinator. He missed his calling though, he should've been a marine corp drill seargent. He's a Vol alumn by the way...

Originally posted by sickandtired@Nov 7, 2005 7:49 AM
Fulmer should consider adding a coach to the staff with some sort of military background.  Whether it be a coach from a military academy or a coach which has served our great country, we need discipline.  You have to figure that someone with a military background can reign in this unruly team and hopefully lead to less penalties and a better attitude.

[snapback]184909[/snapback]​

...and who can lob a good grenade where it's needed...

What about Casey Clausen?

He could call great plays with one arm tied behind his back.

Originally posted by Jasongivm6@Nov 7, 2005 9:41 PM
What about Casey Clausen?

He could call great plays with one arm tied behind his back.
[snapback]185516[/snapback]​

Worst metaphor ever saw, What does having arm tied behind hinder play calling which is a cerebral process!! :lol:

It was a take off on his infamous comment prior to the UGA game his senior year.

I saw Randy Sanders cupping his mouth when calling the plays from Notre Dame's skybox. I thought that was pretty amusing. :D

Originally posted by Jasongivm6@Nov 8, 2005 12:25 AM
I saw Randy Sanders cupping his mouth when calling the plays from Notre Dame's skybox.  I thought that was pretty amusing. :D
[snapback]185586[/snapback]​

I think TN is generally pretty amusing right now.

Scout Article - Fulmer Has Equity

I think the interest rate on Fulmer's TELOC just went up(Tennessee Equity Line of Credit).

Originally posted by Liper@Nov 8, 2005 1:40 AM
I think TN is generally pretty amusing right now.

Scout Article - Fulmer Has Equity
[snapback]185597[/snapback]​

That is a great article with some amazing stats. Fulmer has a worst record over the past 7 years then the 2 previous head coaches, who were both fired. Some of the comments are worth repeating here:

"And there’s one more thing he should keep in mind before assuming his job is safe. Since 1998, or the better part of seven seasons, he has built a record of 59-25 at Tennessee. That sounds good, especially in light of this year’s 3-5 mark, but is it good enough to assure his job?

Keep in mind Bill Battle, who coached UT from 1970 to 1976, had a 59-22-2 mark in seven seasons and was fired. Johnny Majors went 60-20-5 in his last seven full seasons on The Hill and was fired in 1992, after going 5-3 during a season he split with acting head coach Phillip Fulmer.

Battle’s teams rarely had any off-field issues and never had a losing season. Majors is arguably the most popular player to ever wear the Orange. He also had a national championship to his credit at Pittsburgh (1976), and he won three SEC Championships in his last seven seasons at UT, along with two victories in the Sugar Bowl and one in the Cotton Bowl before the BCS rendered that Texas post season classic to second level status. Majors was 5-1 in bowl games his last seven years.

Fulmer hasn’t won an SEC Championship since 1998 and has only been to one BCS bowl, which Tennessee lost. In post season contests the last seven seasons, Tennessee stands 2-6, including two losses in SEC title games and two losses in the Peach Bowl to a pair of ACC teams by a combined total of 57-17."

Originally posted by sickandtired@Nov 7, 2005 8:49 AM
Fulmer should consider adding a coach to the staff with some sort of military background.  Whether it be a coach from a military academy or a coach which has served our great country, we need discipline.  You have to figure that someone with a military background can reign in this unruly team and hopefully lead to less penalties and a better attitude.

[snapback]184909[/snapback]​

Discipline begins at the top. Patton, Eisenhower, Parcells do NOT have someone do their dirty work for them!

How Fulmer will pick assistants:

Fulmer will be blindfolded and taken to the Krispy Kreme. Names will be attached to certain types of donuts. Then the coach will be chosen, by the donut Fulmer likes the best. (hint: Cutcliffe is on the glazed one)

Originally posted by Volstorm@Nov 8, 2005 4:28 PM
How Fulmer will pick assistants:

Fulmer will be blindfolded and taken to the Krispy Kreme.  Names will be attached to certain types of donuts.  Then the coach will be chosen, by the donut Fulmer likes the best.  (hint: Cutcliffe is on the glazed one)
[snapback]185923[/snapback]​

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

VN Store

Back