New 2020 recruit?

In before DarthVol and friends bemoan the fact that she is a 3 star and say Kellie and staff can't recruit.:rolleyes:

Well, here lately the University of Missouri has done more with 3 and no stars than the Lady Vols have with a pack of 5 stars. To be truthful so has Missouri State, especially last season. There might be something "real coaches" see in a player that we "experts" can't see. If KJH is recruiting this young lady let's give her a brake and give it a chance.

Not when we play against them!🤣

Well, according to us posters, we have had a pack of 5 stars playing like a pack of no stars. Don't complain, sit back and enjoy the ride and let things play themselves out. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Does anyone know the name of the young lady that committed to us after the Texas game in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Apparently the atmosphere made an impression on her. Would like to look up how she is progressing. She may have been in the 8th grade when she committed..

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Does anyone know the name of the young lady that committed to us after the Texas game in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Apparently the atmosphere made an impression on her. Would like to look up how she is progressing. She may have been in the 8th grade when she committed..

Amani Bartlett 6’3” from Cleveland Tx.

I'm relatively new to the board and I have a question regarding offering an opinion. Some folks follow a statement with IMO and others with IMHO. Is an opinion that is offered with humility received more favorably than one that is not?

I always thought IMHO meant "in my honest opinion", like, "this is honestly the best I can come up with."

Creekdog Your insight and thoughts IMHO are appreciated. I have mused, however, about your moniker and wonder if creek is pronounced "crick."

and I would suggest learning about how to permanently "ignore" the downers and generally unhappy about everything, including our LVs. (click on the name and presto press ignore).

Creekdog Your insight and thoughts IMHO are appreciated. I have mused, however, about your moniker and wonder if creek is pronounced "crick."

and I would suggest learning about how to permanently "ignore" the downers and generally unhappy about everything, including our LVs. (click on the name and presto press ignore).

I can't speak for Dog, but I've always found it to be determined largely by the locale within which one finds oneself.

Well, here lately the University of Missouri has done more with 3 and no stars than the Lady Vols have with a pack of 5 stars. To be truthful so has Missouri State, especially last season. There might be something "real coaches" see in a player that we "experts" can't see. If KJH is recruiting this young lady let's give her a brake and give it a chance.
'Real' coaches evaluate players for their systems. Just because a player is a 5 star does not mean they will excel in any system. There are some things that a scout will see as a big knock or advantage on a recruit that has no real impact on how a coach sees them in their system. 'Real' coaches dont base their evaluations on the star ratings we see at all.

Hannah Gusters, 6-4 C, Irving MacArthur HS (TX), has announced her commitment to Baylor

Reactions: Will83
Anyone know if we have a creditable shot at signing Kamilla Cardosoo She appears to be a good post in our own backyard. She is the number one rated post by ESPN. She is 6’6”. It would be a shame to lose her to another top 10 D1 school.

Last edited:
Anyone know if we have a creditable shot at signing Kamilla Cardosoo She appears to be a good post in our own backyard. She is the number one rated post by ESPN. She is 6’6”. It would be a shame to lose her to another top 10 D1 school.

We gotta remember since her middle school days she and treasure have talked to Holly and her staff... maybe if they can get them on campus and vibe the staff out they may be able to pull this off. Remember one of the HH girls ended up at Louisville another coach that has been in on them for awhile but Jasmine Massengill seems to have a good relationship with Treasure (and hopefully Cardoso). We do have Key who is 6’6 and Saunders who is 6’5 so I wonder if that would deter any centers for this upcoming class or two plus KK will be a senior when she arrived.

Mississippi State seems to be after Cordoso pretty hard. Maybe just message board chatter but there is some interest there as well.

Mississippi State seems to be after Cordoso pretty hard. Maybe just message board chatter but there is some interest there as well.

Might be but they already have 6’4”6’5”and 6’6” and she will have to contend with although Cooke is is a “stretch 4” if he wants to be able to stretch the D he will use her in the middle they are about crowded as we are and lower on all around scholarships I think.

Might be but they already have 6’4”6’5”and 6’6” and she will have to contend with although Cooke is is a “stretch 4” if he wants to be able to stretch the D he will use her in the middle they are about crowded as we are and lower on all around scholarships I think.

Don't rule out MSST. I think it's a given the MSST will have some transfers, although they probably want to try to keep the HH girl who is supposedly their connection to Cardoso (ironically, she's one of the players who is better off transferring now that Cooks has committed). Plus, Promise will be a junior and Morris will be a senior when Kamilla comes in, and I think most of her other school choices will have more experienced depth ahead of her as well in similar fashion. Depending on how Key develops, she may be a deterrence to Cardoso signing because they are closer in year than the MSST posts.

Don't rule out MSST. I think it's a given the MSST will have some transfers, although they probably want to try to keep the HH girl who is supposedly their connection to Cardoso (ironically, she's one of the players who is better off transferring now that Cooks has committed). Plus, Promise will be a junior and Morris will be a senior when Kamilla comes in, and I think most of her other school choices will have more experienced depth ahead of her as well in similar fashion. Depending on how Key develops, she may be a deterrence to Cardoso signing because they are closer in year than the MSST posts.

The HH recruit (Esmery Martines) is from the Dominican Republic. And I think she played one year at HH ?

Kamilla is from Brazil and played a couple of years with Jazmine and continues to play with Treasure Hunt three years now and one more to go ....

What is the connection with Esmery that’s stronger than the others?

You are right about transfers...... Miss. St. Are full on scholarship for now and if they sign players someone’s leaving ! Don’t know about 2020 when Kamilla is available? I heard she was a UConn lean ?

Being a Creekdog I like to stir the waters on occasion or be the devil's advocate. Thanks for the tutorial. I'll use that feature. BTW, it is creek.

The HH recruit (Esmery Martines) is from the Dominican Republic. And I think she played one year at HH ?

Kamilla is from Brazil and played a couple of years with Jazmine and continues to play with Treasure Hunt three years now and one more to go ....

What is the connection with Esmery that’s stronger than the others?

You are right about transfers...... Miss. St. Are full on scholarship for now and if they sign players someone’s leaving ! Don’t know about 2020 when Kamilla is available? I heard she was a UConn lean ?

I've read on other boards that she is closest to Esmery. I don't think matters if she's known others longer; it doesn't mean they would be better friends.

MSST challenge is that they have recruited well so there aren't any scrubs on the team. Over recruiting could hurt them in the long run. UConn unfortunately would be able to offer her a lot of playing time and great coaching. Hopefully not the case.

VN Store

Back