New 2020 recruit?

I don't know why she has just three stars but she seems to have quite a bit of athletic ability and upside and a good looking stroke on perimeter shots so I would risk a scholarship on that alone. She has quickness looks to need to build strength and gain a little weight otherwise she looks like a lot of other players that are rated a lot higher.

Lady Vols Reporter's Notebook

This article by Maria Cornelius says there is a new recruit for 2020, Eylia Young, from Olathe, KS.

I've found some info on Eylia Love who plays for Olathe North. Wondering if this is the recruit. Love is listed in the ESPN rankings. 90 scouts grade. Here's the link: eylia-love
She has a lot of schools that have offered her so long way to go to whether she would ever be a Lady Vol. She has offers from Kansas, Kansas State, West Virginia, and Nebraska and they are all closer to home than Tennessee. I don't know what kind of relationship she has with Kellie we'll see where this goes long way to her being at Tennessee.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Over the years there have been quite a few American women on WNBA rosters whose names I didn’t recognize at all. Most of those players weren’t the coveted 5-star McDonalds all-Americans that the Top 10 WCBB teams snag, but were players who obviously blossomed while at colleges that had sharp talent evaluators who could see things in players that others could not.

My hope is that the folks who are looking for future Lady Vols have that special ability, that higher sense, to spot players who may take an extra year or two to blossom, but who will be outstanding players if given the opportunity.

What we want, first and foremost, are young women who want to be Lady Vols so bad they can taste it, and hate losing more than they like winning. Kellie can do something with players like that. ❤️

I get what everybody is saying but, this is women’s college basketball, you need the cream of the crop if you’re planning on getting to FFs and winning Championships.

I know, I know, we’ve had top players blah blah blah, we have a new coach now and we must continue to reel them in and hopefully Kellie can bring our the best in them, otherwise we’re really going to head down the path of LaTech/Old Dominion.

Reactions: cutiepie5
More on Eylia Love. She caught the eye of the Bluestar scouts at a tournament in Canada. One has to scroll down a ways to see the comments on her play.
2019 BallN Across Borders War Games - Bluestar Media
An excerpt from the above referenced article:
"Eylia Love. Junior Game – 6-1 – Wing/Forward – Olathe
Nice length…Adding strength but still on the lean side…Not afraid to mix things up however…Can post…slithers past defenders to get shots off in traffic…Fluid up and down the floor and on any cuts…Challenging match up with both size and agility…"
Treasure Hunt, Madison Hayes, and a sophmore point guard from Memphis - Se'Quoia Almond, also caught the attention of the evaluator, Mark Lewis.

Once I turned the music off I was able to appreciate the young ladies game.....

She was by far he best athlete on the floor....She has extreme quickness, which was on display by the way she took the ball away from the white players....

She has an extremely nice pull up 10-12 footer....
She slices to the basket like a chef with a Ginsue Knife....
Plays defense like she enjoys it.....Unlike a certain former vocal player...

I can see why Kellie wants her here....She may become a fan favorite.

I get what everybody is saying but, this is women’s college basketball, you need the cream of the crop if you’re planning on getting to FFs and winning Championships.

I know, I know, we’ve had top players blah blah blah, we have a new coach now and we must continue to reel them in and hopefully Kellie can bring our the best in them, otherwise we’re really going to head down the path of LaTech/Old Dominion.

I agree with you... assuming she's really a 3-star player and not someone like Morgan William, who was clearly underrated coming out of HS. The MSST coaching staff trusted their own evaluation versus someone else's ranking, and I hope Kellie and Co. are the same judges of ability.

Reactions: mcannon1
Is she signed to be part of the next class, or is she a prospect?

Guy on the radio said, if she chooses to come here....

Maria just Tweeted that 6’3” JUCO center Jaiden McCoy has committed to the Lady Vols. The Knoxville native was a redshirt sophomore at Northwest Florida State last season, averaging 10.9 points, 6.1 rebounds and a 57.1 fg%. She shot 66.7% from the line.

Maria just Tweeted that 6’3” JUCO center Jaiden McCoy has committed to the Lady Vols. The Knoxville native was a redshirt sophomore at Northwest Florida State last season, averaging 10.9 points, 6.1 rebounds and a 57.1 fg%. She shot 66.7% from the line.
I'm ambivalent about signings like this. Kellie has Kasi, Tamari, Emily, Rae, Lou and Kamera to play the post. Is Jaiden an improvement to these choices, or is she going to be just for end of bench depth. It feels like Kellie is going for Mo St caliber players, not Tennessee ones...

I'm ambivalent about signings like this. Kellie has Kasi, Tamari, Emily, Rae, Lou and Kamera to play the post. Is Jaiden an improvement to these choices, or is she going to be just for end of bench depth. It feels like Kellie is going for Mo St caliber players, not Tennessee ones...

I expect her to provide post depth, which we need. What I really like is she’s from Knoxville and said since age 10 she dreamed of playing for the Lady Vols. I think she will work hard in practice and help restore the pride of the program. She was also recruited by St. John’s, Kansas and Missouri so it appears she may have some talent.

I think MIssouri St. would have beaten us this year. So Missouri St. caliber players could theoretically improve us.

And maybe this is the real one.

Reactions: Only1COJ
I think MIssouri St. would have beaten us this year. So Missouri St. caliber players could theoretically improve us.

And maybe this is the real one.
I'd like to think Kellie is aiming higher than the storm drain that Holly has tried to drown the program in the last few years. I hope she's not going after players that were properly evalated and passed on by the elite programs because they weren't at the level they needed. Maybe Jaiden is the real one, so I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I am thinking we will not see Kamara much at all anywhere. Rae will not be in the post much and she does not want to be either. If Kasi starts playing like she played the last few games she will help on the inside. Other than LOu the others are talented freshmen who will not have to be world beaters from the git go. I look for us to fog the ball up fast and often and let the big girls who can run the court rebound and defend. JMHO as always and I cant wait to get Kellie ladies playing!

At this stage the options are sparse. Coach might be assessing that this team is going to need reinforcements--any! Consider: Harris is limited aggressively and athletically. Brown's wheel is suspect. KK's motor and wheels are on the struggle bus. The 2 incoming freshmen posts are unproven. If those two were only getting about 15 pts a game against H. S. competition and that tall, real up. (Ashley Robinson was consensusly considered the second ranked H.S. recruit behind Taurasi, and occasionally scored a basket.) And I don't think Sidney Cooks is coming here.

VN Store

Back