New 2019 Commit - Davonte Gaines

Not much of an offer list, but ranked pretty high.
Nice job by The coaching staff

Goes from unranked to 4 star on 247, apparently getting ready to pop with offers coming soon from Syracuse and Uconn

Reactions: 1 person
This kid isn't finished growing into his body and could be 6'8" before it's all said and done. Oh and get this..he's a lefty like another 4 star recruit we just got. Barnes may have found a hidden gem but he won't stay hidden for long. Good pickup! Welcome Davonte!

This kid isn't finished growing into his body and could be 6'8" before it's all said and done. Oh and get this..he's a lefty like another 4 star recruit we just got. Barnes may have found a hidden gem but he won't stay hidden for long. Good pickup! Welcome Davonte!

Pretty much my thoughts. He is just now finishing his Sophmore year. He has plenty of time to grow taller, add weight, and develop as a player.

We are going to have to hope he is a very loyal person and/or that we maintain a good relationship with him and keep our current coaches through next season.

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-news/hg-pitt-jam-fest-16u-division-studs-storylines

Davonte Gaines Blows Up In Pittsburgh
Super talented Buffalo wing Davonte Gaines had his coming-out party while playing with his hometown Corey Graham Elite (NY) team this past weekend. The long 6'6" lefty is a wiry wing who loves to attack the rim and stays active at all times on both ends of the floor. Also playing for New Heights (NY) on the Under Armour Association circuit, it's with his hometown team that he really gets to show off his dynamic skillset. Already holding offers from Buffalo, Canisius & Niagara, we expect his recruitment to take a high-major turn sooner than later.

Reactions: 1 person
"The Ticket"

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/high-school/davonte-gaines-high-flying-act-powering-health-sciences

Believe it or not, just two years ago Gaines could barely get up to the rim.

"My freshman year I was only like six feet. I grew over the summer and I've been dunking ever since."
But the junior is much for than a show stopper for the Falcons. He's helped power Health Sciences to a 10-2 or 11-1 record heading into Friday's game against Burgard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A lot of guys, when you talk about good guys, guys want to score 30 points a game," Head Coach Tyree Parker said. "What I like about Davonte is he's a stat stuffer. He gets blocked shots, he scores, he rebounds, he passes the ball. At 6-6, he's an exceptional talent to be able to do those things on the floor."

'19 seems so far away...anything can happen...sure hope he values his "way early" commit...could be very special player for us...:thumbsup:

GO BIG ORANGE!

It will be very interesting to see if the Vols hang onto this commitment. Vols one of the first Power 5 to identify this talent. Have to hold onto him for 2 years and better offers are coming from schools closer to his home.

Not much of an offer list, but ranked pretty high.
Nice job by The coaching staff

I bet that has you all kinds of confused on what to feel about this kid. You love them stars, but the offer list isn't quite there yet. Will you need to wait and see when the big boys come knocking, will you trust Coach Barnes judgement and eye for talent, or will you find a way to bash Coach Barnes on this commitment? Find out next time on DBZ..

I bet that has you all kinds of confused on what to feel about this kid. You love them stars, but the offer list isn't quite there yet. Will you need to wait and see when the big boys come knocking, will you trust Coach Barnes judgement and eye for talent, or will you find a way to bash Coach Barnes on this commitment? Find out next time on DBZ..

Thanks for posting the first negative post in his thread. i guess someone has to be first.

If you're not first you're last.

search

#truestory

I think people go out of their way to rip Rick Barnes and Tennessee recruiting and wish folks would give Coach Barnes and his staff the benefit of the doubt in recruiting. That being said I wasn't impressed by Gaines video

Reactions: OrangenSC
I had a class or two at Glocker with Chuck Threeths, good guy and very bright. He grew up in Lackawanna, didn't have great shot but could really jump.

When doing games, Ward would mention Threeths as "...spelled T, H, R, Double E, T as in Tennessee, H, S..."

Reactions: FallCreekVols

VN Store

Back