New 1 Time Penalty Free-Transfer Rule

This is big ...and scary at the same time !

Will see this used a lot especially for players sitting the bench that think they should be starting or playing more. I think it will hurt teams more that play seven or eight while having 15 on the roster. Scary for every team players that are staying at schools because of the year they would have to sit out are now set free. I think we'll lose some players and gain some as well. The only good thing about it will be one and done no transferring two or three times. Anyone you get in is with you for good and players you have can leave at anytime if they desire look for a lot of movement.

For new coaching hires trying to build a program they say Yes to this Rule. A player like Alvin Kamara who gets to Alabama see's loaded depth chart has a little immaturity at same time will now go ahead and go to Tn instead of JC. Curious though will SEC allow?

Until a coach is fired and half of the team decides that it's time to move on. It could be a disaster. This will be interesting to watch. It's good for the athletes though. It takes some of the pressure off choosing a school.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Until a coach is fired and half of the team decides that it's time to move on. It could be a disaster. This will be interesting to watch. It's good for the athletes though. It takes some of the pressure off choosing a school.
This had already happened in women's softball as they already had a rule if your coach leaves you are free to leave and play immediately. Texas hired away Oregon's softball coach and over half the team went with him and were eligible to play immediately. I don't know why softball already had this but it really hurt Oregon and their ability to field a team.

Last edited:
This had already happened in women's softball as they already had a rule if your coach leaves you are free to leave and play immediately. Texas hired away Oregon's softball coach and over half the team when with him and were eligible to play immediately. I don't know why softball already had this but it really hurt Oregon and their ability to field a team.
Get ready, it will be the next major hurdle. I may impact a schools decision on keeping or firing a coach.

Now that the fence has been moved, the next argument will be that "1 is not enough because of this or that special circumstance." When that is enacted or tacitly accepted, the next argument will be "1 transfer opportunity per year of completed eligibility." And then, when that is approved ... well, you get the idea.

Get ready, it will be the next major hurdle. I may impact a schools decision on keeping or firing a coach.
I think this rule will definitely effect contractual verbiage in the future with coaches. Probably a much bigger penalty if they opt out of a contract to take a "better" job in a "better" conference. Schools will have no choice so as to protect themselves from what happened to Oregon. Not exactly sure how the guts of that will work but certainly it'll have to happen until things kinda settle in on the new transfer rule.

We will lose players every year to teams and coaches that have a shot at winning Final Fours!

We will lose players every year to teams and coaches that have a shot at winning Final Fours!

Possible... it’s also likely coaches will start recruiting over players they already have on their roster. So we will probably have transfers especially these first 2-3 years where we see other players come and play for UT.

hopefully we lose fans who think we don't think we can get back to a Final 4

Coach, that would be swell....Hmmm, I wonder who?
animated-cloud-image-0016.gif

Should have a team limit on number of incoming transfers of say five per year To prevent excessive poaching from guys like Saban.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
With a waiver approved. This now requires no waiver at all and you can go wherever you please without any penalty's but you can only do it once.
Hmm... seems this will even out competition a bit. I think this is fair to the players.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
hopefully we lose fans who think we don't think we can get back to a Final 4
Funny. Recruiting kids that truly fit your system and have that heart ❤ that love the game and not just recruiting a great Athlete becomes more imperative. In CHRIST ALONE

Reactions: krichunaka
Funny. Recruiting kids that truly fit your system and have that heart ❤ that love the game and not just recruiting a great Athlete becomes more imperative. In CHRIST ALONE

It takes both,,,heart is important,,,Lou Brown had more heart than most anyone I have seen in orange, but her limitations on movement made her a defensive liability

It takes four parts to make a whole when it comes to an athlete,

physical-The right attributes physically to excel in the game played
mental-ability to learn, ability to control emotion, ability to mesh, etc
work ethic- How hard you work on your game, when no one is watching you
Heart-No quit

I am sure there are more, but these four are absolutes for a champion

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
It takes both,,,heart is important,,,Lou Brown had more heart than most anyone I have seen in orange, but her limitations on movement made her a defensive liability

Heart-No quit

will miss seeing Lou Brown take charges

Reactions: stllvf

Heart-No quit

This is why I love next year commitments and the 22 commitment. Read her story from the Gentleman that has trained her since she was young and you see Kellie loves the kids whom you say love to work when no one is watching and yes they meet the physical skill we need. " In CHRIST Alone"

VN Store

Back