Neverending MBRO memory thread

Gotta sore back. We were unloading some buggies from an 18 wheeler today, and one loaded down didn't cooperate right. It flipped over, and my reaction was to save my leg (didn't want another broken leg), so I tried grabbing it to save my leg, and it yanked my back good. Skinned and bruised my arms and leg, but would've probably broke my leg if I didn't grab it to break the impact. I'm good, just sore and whining 🤣

Gotta sore back. We were unloading some buggies from an 18 wheeler today, and one loaded down didn't cooperate right. It flipped over, and my reaction was to save my leg (didn't want another broken leg), so I tried grabbing it to save my leg, and it yanked my back good. Skinned and bruised my arms and leg, but would've probably broke my leg if I didn't grab it to break the impact. I'm good, just sore and whining 🤣
Be careful, Joe. You’re the breadwinner for a family.

Damn dude.

Reactions: joevol33
Damn dude.
They actually tried to get me to go home, but I knew I wasn't really hurt bad. Just sore from the awkward grab of that heavy load. It was actually weird, I told Tiffany how amazing it was that in about a second my mind processed "save my leg, or risk my back", and I reacted that quickly. The human mind can sincerely be amazing at times.

Reactions: VolNExile
They actually tried to get me to go home, but I knew I wasn't really hurt bad. Just sore from the awkward grab of that heavy load. It was actually weird, I told Tiffany how amazing it was that in about a second my mind processed "save my leg, or risk my back", and I reacted that quickly. The human mind can sincerely be amazing at times.
That’s what happened when I broke my wrist. I was skating backwards at a high rate of speed, and a kid had fallen and was lying there laughing. I had time to think, “If I trip over him, I’ll probably kill him, or I could use my arm to break my fall, and my wrist.” So I did. 🤪

That’s what happened when I broke my wrist. I was skating backwards at a high rate of speed, and a kid had fallen and was lying there laughing. I had time to think, “If I trip over him, I’ll probably kill him, or I could use my arm to break my fall, and my wrist.” So I did. 🤪
In all seriousness, it does amaze me how your mind can process all of that so quickly.

—Dumbass kid was built like Bart Simpson and looked like him too. He was lying on his back, with this mountain of a belly jiggling when he laughed. I figured a ruptured spleen at a minimum.

Thanks to him (and the earlier airplane propeller incident), I don’t need a TV to know when the weather is changing.

My left knee got blown in a similar fashion. I vowed to mow the kid down next time.

ku89nwhlbzy11.jpg

Not to rain on your parade but broken bones heal, damage to your back is cumulative. Why does your employer have you in a position to be injured like this?
Long story short, the old man sold his business a few years ago, and they stopped making payments after 2 years. He sued them, and won all his stuff, business name, etc back. They went last weekend and got a load, and we were unloading it. There were probably 25 buggies full of stuff, and that one just had small wheels that fit in the grooves of the truck bed. Made it difficult to roll. Once on the ground, it wasn't a problem.

How is your back doing from your injury at work yesterday?
It's fine, thanks for asking. I was sore this morning in my back and my leg, but it wore off fairly quickly. Thankfully I do work on my lower back at the gym a lot, but that heavy jerk trying to stop the buggy just pulled it a bit. I worked all day no problem.

VN Store

Back