Netflix

Griselda on Netflix is terrible.

Starts off okay but just gets worse and worse. Bad acting. Corny scenes. And they took major liberties with the story.

Plus they put so much …. Idk, stuff on Sofia Vergaras face to make her look like Griselda - she actually looks like a puppet in the show. And still failed miserably because the real Griselda looked nothing like the Netflix Griselda.

This American Nightmare doc is really good. Content warning, tho.

LEO investigators are so trash in so many documentaries. It's crazy.

There is another doc, not nearly as interesting but equally frustrating. It's called Victim/Suspect and it's about rape victims who aren't believed by LEO investigators and then charged with crimes. They show the footage of them grilling the victims, looking for any inconsistency they can latch onto. Then they show them interviewing the accused and they're basically making the statement for the guy (well-connected rich guy in Tuscaloosa. What a surprise). They pressured the victims to make statements, one while in the hospital, but were all good with the accused going on a fishing trip with his lawyer before coming in.

They told one victim the guy passed two lie-detector tests (false) to get the victim's to recant. They lied multiple times about having video that refutes the victims' statement.

Last edited:
There is another doc, not nearly as interesting but equally frustrating. It's called Victim/Suspect and it's about rape victims who aren't believed by LEO investigators and then charged with crimes. They show the footage of them grilling the victims, looking for any inconsistency they can latch onto. Then they show them interviewing the accused and they're basically making the statement for the guy (well-connected rich guy in Tuscaloosa. What a surprise). They pressured the victims to make statements, one while in the hospital, but were all good with the accused going on a fishing trip with his lawyer before coming in.

They told one victim the guy passed two lie-detector tests (false) to get the victim's to recant. They lied multiple times about having video that refutes the victims' statement.
It should be illegal but it's not. If a cop thinks a lie will lead to a confession, they will lie all day. Some cops are the absolute scum of the earth.

It should be illegal but it's not. If a cop thinks a lie will lead to a confession, they will lie all day. Some cops are the absolute scum of the earth.

It seems like what would happen, more or less, is a girl claims rape. The accused is connected, or the case is going to be real hard to solve, or the LEO just doesn't believe her, and they can't drop the case without getting the victim to recant, so they just lie to her about evidence until she does...then sometimes they charge her. It's crazy.

1 in 6 Americans is sexually assaulted in their lives, but a huge pocket of people seem far more concerned with false testimony.

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
It seems like what would happen, more or less, is a girl claims rape. The accused is connected, or the case is going to be real hard to solve, or the LEO just doesn't believe her, and they can't drop the case without getting the victim to recant, so they just lie to her about evidence until she does...then sometimes they charge her. It's crazy.

1 in 6 Americans is sexually assaulted in their lives, but a huge pocket of people seem far more concerned with false testimony.
I recently watched this and it was incredible. This pair of siblings were SA'd by not one, not two, but THREE of their family members. And were still doubted. The most evil one got the lightest punishment because he had the most money. Murica.

Reactions: n_huffhines

Rape is horrific and women lie about it more than you think.

Last edited:
Griselda on Netflix is terrible.

Starts off okay but just gets worse and worse. Bad acting. Corny scenes. And they took major liberties with the story.

Plus they put so much …. Idk, stuff on Sofia Vergaras face to make her look like Griselda - she actually looks like a puppet in the show. And still failed miserably because the real Griselda looked nothing like the Netflix Griselda.
It was really disappointing.

Reactions: EdEcEko77 and hog88
Griselda wasn't very good, actually pretty bad considering everything they left out that would have made a great story.

The tourist was ok but it dragged on an episode or 2 to long.

Reactions: SDV
The Recruit is good. Not great but I really liked it. Last episode was really good.

Same with The Night Agent.

Looking forward to season 2 of both.

I love the sports doc series. Can't get enough. The more exotic to me, the better. They've had a lot of stuff come out recently, and upcoming.

Six Nations Full Contact
Sunderland Til I Die
NASCAR Full Speed
Break Point

Drive to Survive coming up. I assume the series will be better than the actual season was.

Full Swing coming up, too.

Love is Blind season six.

Pure gold!

Never seen it but apparently it’s out of Charlotte and everyone around here is talking about it. So the wife wanted to check it out.

Mindless comedy and a pathetic testament to dating past 30.

75% of the women participants are built like bags of dog food… and they can’t figure iut why they’re still single.

Reactions: Pennheel
Love is Blind season six.

Pure gold!

Never seen it but apparently it’s out of Charlotte and everyone around here is talking about it. So the wife wanted to check it out.

Mindless comedy and a pathetic testament to dating past 30.

75% of the women participants are built like bags of dog food… and they can’t figure iut why they’re still single.
I mostly watch it when I'm bored or can't sleep. It's definitely unintentional comedy that's so bad it's good. You're right about the pathetic testament to dating after 30. I hated dating after 30 and am glad I'm through with that. I enjoy it for a good laugh 😃

Reactions: EdEcEko77
Didn’t see Worth mentioned. Another great Keaton performance and a true story I had always wondered about. The settlements for 911 victims families and loved ones.

Donnell Rawlings’ new special was okay. B- to C+ range. The material was just so-so, so he relies on a lot of physical comedy to compensate.

The Gentlemen was outstanding, a real fun extended dive into a Ritchie universe.

Physical 100 season 2 is fire.

I used to love Guy Ritchie and I haven't cared about anything he's made in a while. Most people seem to like his stuff still, so I was starting to think I grew out of GR, but Gentlemen is great.

Reactions: bignewt
Down my list…mebbe I’ll move it up due to your recommendation.
We finished season 1 today and started season 2. I like it but it's probably not for everyone. I am a fan of Ancient Aliens/Astronauts. This show leans in to that pretty hard. If you think Aliens are stupid and cannot exist there's a pretty good chance you might not like it as much.

The acting is phenomenal though. The Google reviews are overwhelmingly positive.

Reactions: butchna
Wife and I started "Resident Alien." Hilarious

Down my list…mebbe I’ll move it up due to your recommendation.
we started it and its a fun watch. Not really a unique story - outsider goes to a community and ends up assimilating. Same story line as Avatar, Dances With Wolves, etc.. The kid is hilarious - not sure if its him or the writing. The banter between the girls is great. Tudyk does great acting as an alien but with a human body. Worth the watch

VN Store

Back