Netflix

Hill House felt like a Lifetime movie to me. I thought it was ok at best.

A lot of horror stories keep the viewer in a state in confusion because confusion leads to fear. This one felt like confusion because the writers couldn’t get a coherent story together.

The one camera episode was cool though.

I’ll add on with the others that the ending sucked.

Hill House felt like a Lifetime movie to me. I thought it was ok at best.

A lot of horror stories keep the viewer in a state in confusion because confusion leads to fear. This one felt like confusion because the writers couldn’t get a coherent story together.

The one camera episode was cool though.

I’ll add on with the others that the ending sucked.

I'd like you or anyone to name a better horror series...its mighty difficult to do.

Tales from the Cypt, outcast, ash vs evil dead, slasher, twin peaks....that’s justnoff the top of the head
Tales from the crypt is an anthology, doesnt count plus that type of show is always hit or miss
never saw outcast
Ash vs the evil dead is not really horror
Slasher was not even close to as good
Twin Peaks is not really a horror series either..more a mind f*** surrounded by boring. Keep looking....

Stranger Things is the only one I can come up with.

Didn't know that existed but by nature "exorcism" movies/shows are a one trick pony.
And this show was a long drawn out version of The Haunting, a one trick pony. Twin peaks first two seasons are classic horror and very good. I have to disagree with you there.

The new Adam Sandler special is really, really funny. I wish I could be so free-spirited and comfortable in my own skin.

And this show was a long drawn out version of The Haunting, a one trick pony. Twin peaks first two seasons are classic horror and very good. I have to disagree with you there.

I disagree that Twin Peaks is horror. Creepy at times? Sure but I wouldnt say horror. More of a quirky who done it.

And yes The Haunting at Hill House, a haunted house is a bit of a one trick pony albeit a lot more generous one. I thought they did a good job with the present vs past and the mental illness aspect. The ending was a bit cheesy but I forgive that as it was mostly a good show with some great scares. I would give it a solid 8/10.

I disagree that Twin Peaks is horror. Creepy at times? Sure but I wouldnt say horror. More of a quirky who done it.

And yes The Haunting at Hill House, a haunted house is a bit of a one trick pony albeit a lot more generous one. I thought they did a good job with the present vs past and the mental illness aspect. The ending was a bit cheesy but I forgive that as it was mostly a good show with some great scares. I would give it a solid 8/10.
COme on, deals with the devil, evil doppelgängers, the cult of the blue rose, those are all horror aspects of Twin Peaks. And as for the ending of Hill House, it ruined the whole series for me. I started heading to lame family disfunction show half way through with a side of horror. Much akin to what happen to the walking dead.

COme on, deals with the devil, evil doppelgängers, the cult of the blue rose, those are all horror aspects of Twin Peaks. And as for the ending of Hill House, it ruined the whole series for me. I started heading to lame family disfunction show half way through with a side of horror. Much akin to what happen to the walking dead.

I wasnt a huge fan of Twin Peaks although I did enjoy Fire Walk With me, to me that was more horror driven. As for Hill House, I was impressed for the most part. Horror is subjective.

The new Adam Sandler special is really, really funny. I wish I could be so free-spirited and comfortable in my own skin.

The "I don't know what I'm doing" or whatever it was song sequence absolutely killed me. He's a complete guilty pleasure

Man Down with Greg Davies cracks me up. His dad in the first season (Rik Mayal) was hilarious. The big-assed guru is my favorite character.

Started Daredevil based solely on recommendations here...since i got netflix, i have really only watched shows recommended here...and have been very pleased strager things, ozark, godless, black mirror, etc...have been very pleased. I was very skeptical of DD...i am a marvel fan, but other than x men and deadpool i think they have really sucked at making movies and shows..DD has been really good, though. Halfway theu the 1st season and its good so far. All the russians were just blown up, and we are on the next episode with david carridine. Hope it stays this good, wish he would kill people sometimes. ...appreciate you guys info here. Dont have much free time, so i cant waste it watching crap TV. Thanks guys

VN Store

Back