Netflix

I love the sports doc series. Can't get enough. The more exotic to me, the better. They've had a lot of stuff come out recently, and upcoming.

Six Nations Full Contact
Sunderland Til I Die
NASCAR Full Speed
Break Point

Drive to Survive coming up. I assume the series will be better than the actual season was.

Full Swing coming up, too.

I loved sunderland till i die. I was bummed this last season was short

"What Jennifer Did" .... 7/10

If you aren't already familiar with the crimes of Jennifer Pan from Toronto, this is a pretty good account of them, but offers nothing new from a case that is now 14 years old. It is an interesting story and well-told here. However, Netflix waited a long time to do this. There have already been numerous true crime documentaries made about her.

I can't believe I'm the first person to bring this up. 3 Body Problem has me hooked. It took 2 episodes to get me, but I'm 6 in and totally in. It's the show-runner for GoT and he's made another big book series into a show. It's SciFi, and the theme is physics. Not like string theory and many worlds theoretical type of stuff...that comes up, but this is more about observable physics. It takes about 4 or 5 episodes to get a full grasp of the over-arching plot.

It's good!

Reactions: franklinpence
I can't believe I'm the first person to bring this up. 3 Body Problem has me hooked. It took 2 episodes to get me, but I'm 6 in and totally in. It's the show-runner for GoT and he's made another big book series into a show. It's SciFi, and the theme is physics. Not like string theory and many worlds theoretical type of stuff...that comes up, but this is more about observable physics. It takes about 4 or 5 episodes to get a full grasp of the over-arching plot.

It's good!
The show-runner that completely ruined GoT once they got past where GRRM is in the books?

The show-runner that completely ruined GoT once they got past where GRRM is in the books?

You could look at it like he was the show-runner of one of the best shows ever when he had source material to rely on. He has source material to cover this whole series.

It's crazy to say it was completely ruined. Game of Thrones was still good. I promise if it was that version of the show throughout, people would have still liked it. The fandom got out of control because they are too precious about it, and everything they didn't like they blamed on no source material. The #1 gripe is the heel turn which is from the source material because they were working off an outline, right? You can't end the story with the incestuous romance winning out. This is where it was always headed.

It's good!
Really ran out of gas the last two episodes. Just a series of two character dialogue scenes. Boring. I'll stick with a season two but let's pick it up.

Reactions: bigdaddy

It's good!
I enjoyed it and I'll be checking out the next season, but it's like they tried too hard. And if the main cast really are some of the smartest people on the planet we are done for.

The most realistic part of the whole show was the very beginning with the Chinese Communist revolution.

Last edited:
You could look at it like he was the show-runner of one of the best shows ever when he had source material to rely on. He has source material to cover this whole series.

It's crazy to say it was completely ruined. Game of Thrones was still good. I promise if it was that version of the show throughout, people would have still liked it. The fandom got out of control because they are too precious about it, and everything they didn't like they blamed on no source material. The #1 gripe is the heel turn which is from the source material because they were working off an outline, right? You can't end the story with the incestuous romance winning out. This is where it was always headed.
The last two seasons felt rushed to reach a conclusion. Still loved the loot train attack with Drogon and the Dothraki, and the Battle of Winterfell .... but the pacing didn't match the rest of the series. It's like Weiss and Benioff were finishing up their last paper before graduation .... and had the "Let's just get the hell out of here," mindset.

It doesn't ruin the first 6 seasons for me, though .... I still watch some of the classic episodes on Max once in a while. What a special show that was from 2011-2016. There may never be anything quite like it again.

The last two seasons felt rushed to reach a conclusion. Still loved the loot train attack with Drogon and the Dothraki, and the Battle of Winterfell .... but the pacing didn't match the rest of the series. It's like Weiss and Benioff were finishing up their last paper before graduation .... and had the "Let's just get the hell out of here," mindset.

It doesn't ruin the first 6 seasons for me, though .... I still watch some of the classic episodes on Max once in a while. What a special show that was from 2011-2016. There may never be anything quite like it again.

Yeah, I agree that the hastiness of the concluding seasons was tough to swallow. Somebody here pointed out it took the Hound and Arya a full season to travel across Westeros and then by season 6 people were crossing Westeros within a few scenes of an episode.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
the Hound and Arya a full season to travel across Westeros and then by season 6 people were crossing Westeros within a few scenes of an episode.
Yes! Exactly. Jamie must have caught a red eye from Winterfell to King's Landing.

Also, "sending a raven," became the equivalent of sending text messages at the end. They were instant.

Places in the Heart is an older movie that was recently added to Netflix. A heart warming story of folks overcoming tragedy and one of my favorites. Starring Sally Fields, Danny Glover, John Malkavich, and Ed Harris.

VN Store

Back