Negative: TN continues doing what losing teams do to lose. Positive…

brockytop

iafter two games there is VERY LITTLE to complain about when it comes to play calling.

Bottom line is the program needs better discipline and more quality players. As stated last week, Heupel & Co need to use 1/2 or more of available scholarships for transfers Vs freshmen. Quickest way this program can get beyond mediocrity and push toward competing atahigh level.

Play calling is good. Defense, for the most part is good. Special teams were downright great.

BUT coaches sticking with their QB choices are pretty bad indeed. Milton was terrible. Im not sold on Hooker at all but it was surely an improvement after the first jitters. I still want to see Bailey play. I have a hard time believing based on what I saw last year and in the spring, that HB isnt the better QB here but only way to know is to prove it. Seems like he will never get the chance though. I love that he is all Vol but if he isnt the guy by the end of the year, he should transfer to a school that appreciates him.

Play calling is good. Defense, for the most part is good. Special teams were downright great.

BUT coaches sticking with their QB choices are pretty bad indeed. Milton was terrible. Im not sold on Hooker at all but it was surely an improvement after the first jitters. I still want to see Bailey play. I have a hard time believing based on what I saw last year and in the spring, that HB isnt the better QB here but only way to know is to prove it. Seems like he will never get the chance though. I love that he is all Vol but if he isnt the guy by the end of the year, he should transfer to a school that appreciates him.
Good post! Especially your 1st few statements.

Reactions: Gandalf

Milton may be the only QB I’ve ever known whose arm is a negative because it’s too strong. Guy hasn’t idea how to dial it back. Beats all I’ve ever seen.

Hooker did OK, but hopefully Bailey gets plenty of snaps next week.

Milton may be the only QB I’ve ever known whose arm is a negative because it’s too strong. Guy hasn’t idea how to dial it back. Beats all I’ve ever seen.

Milton has had his shot and failed badly. Just can’t control that arm and I don’t see it getting better. I cannot watch continuous over throws of wide open receivers. Hooker played well enough and deserves a start.

Its like Milton throws the same pass, strength wise every time, the only question is if the receiver is running to place he is throwing. As long as the call is a 50 yard bomb all is well but if 10 yard slant, then Milton still throws the bomb.

Was hoping the offense showed signs of being good, with potential. It's just 2 games but it looks to be there. They put up 34, but unfortunately left 14+ points on the field. And that was unforced errors on their part.

Need to find a QB1, who's actually a deep ball threat so teams have to honor it. And cut out the stupid penalties.

Reactions: brockytop
Biggest reason the Vols lost today:
1. For the 5th consecutive year, the Tennessee Football program does not have an SEC level QB. Quarterback play was abysmal today and there is no reason to think it will get much better. The program continues to be hamstrung by this.

2. This program does not know how to win nor do they expect to win. When it was tie to make.a play at the end, Pitt stood up and made it on 4th and 6 inches. When the defense held and the Vols got the ball back around the 30 yd. line, Pitt made the play. Vols looked tentative and didn't play to win when the game was on the line.

3. Tennessee was undisciplined. 14 penalties for over 130 yds, and turnovers, missed blocks. They don't expect to win close games.

1. For the 5th consecutive year, the Tennessee Football program does not have an SEC level QB. Quarterback play was abysmal today and there is no reason to think it will get much better. The program continues to be hamstrung by this.

2. This program does not know how to win nor do they expect to win. When it was tie to make.a play at the end, Pitt stood up and made it on 4th and 6 inches. When the defense held and the Vols got the ball back around the 30 yd. line, Pitt made the play. Vols looked tentative and didn't play to win when the game was on the line.

3. Tennessee was undisciplined. 14 penalties for over 130 yds, and turnovers, missed blocks. They don't expect to win close games.

Totally agree.

Reactions: TJVol95

They don’t have “it”. I expect a more disciplined team.

Why do people continue to waste a good Saturday afternoon , paying good money to watch this circus?

They never quit so they have way more than they have in years. They have it,…. Theirs just deserve of them on the sidelines this year. Take away our second qtrs the last two weeks and we win both handily.

VN Store

Back