Need to "Michigan-Proof" CBJ (Butch Jones and Michigan merged)

Poll: Does UT retain Butch?

• Total voters
We're heading in the right direction and Michigan is not. There's a good shot Brady might be gone after this season (2 years left on his contract - very similar to CBJ: $3m/yr for 6 years). UM is the winningest program in college football and I could see them going after their "favorite son" in Butch. I actually don't think Butch will do well enough this year to attract their attention but, if they're wise about building for the future, they might float a few inquiries his way.

I hope Hart is on top of this. If CBJ were to get the Vols to 8 wins this season, I'm sure the Wolverines would come calling. :thud:

I hope this is an issue because it means we are winning at a high percentage otherwise this is not a problem at the moment.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

You are the first person to call Butch Jones Michigan's "favorite son." He might not even be their favorite second cousin

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee fans = The League of the Miserable

Why do we have to always worry about some potential negative event occurring? Can't we just focus and enjoy the fact that we've probably bottomed-out and are slowly coming out of the worst stretch I've seen in my 39 years?

Reactions: 7 people
Despite what the fanboys think, Butch Jones hasn't done enough yet for this conversation to be taking place.

Michigan could and would do much better than a still unproven CBJ

unproven? what do you mean, unproven? he landed a top 10 recruiting class and that is all it takes to be a championship coach.

worked for kiffin and dooley, also. uh-oh

Perfect job opportunity for Lane Kiffin. Layla could get back to LA [ Lower Ann Arbor]

unproven? what do you mean, unproven? he landed a top 10 recruiting class and that is all it takes to be a championship coach.

worked for kiffin and dooley, also. uh-oh

He is a great ambassador to a program and is a stellar recruiter, but not yet sold on coaching. Agree to disagree

Reactions: 1 person
In all seriousness, if Jones doesn't come out and dispel the rumor, then he's interested in the Michigan job

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Why would Harbaugh leave the 49ers for any NCAA coaching job?

The players don't like him very much. Some have said he doesn't do well in a NFL environment where he can't control everything(GM and owners getting involved) All just opinions I have heard

VN Store

Back