Need some help with wifi for my house

BigOrangeTrain

Morior Invictus
Ok hopefully someone can help me out here. I have spectrum internet 100mb and just bought a new dual band ASUS ACH-1770 router. Now I have it in my basement. While the 2G does a decent job upstairs it really isnt getting the job done. So whats the best way to get faster wifi upstairs? Should I buy another router and hook it up? Or aomething else. Thanks for the help.

Ok hopefully someone can help me out here. I have spectrum internet 100mb and just bought a new dual band ASUS ACH-1770 router. Now I have it in my basement. While the 2G does a decent job upstairs it really isnt getting the job done. So whats the best way to get faster wifi upstairs? Should I buy another router and hook it up? Or aomething else. Thanks for the help.
WiFi extenders are reasonably priced and work well. You not have an attic?

I would suggest looking into a mesh system. It will give you whole house coverage, and move with you should you go from floor to floor. I have the Linksys Velop system and have been very happy.

The Best Wi-Fi Mesh Network Systems for 2019
Mesh networks are great. Extenders are ok. Problem with them is they repeat the signal. Often times more than one is needed. Reach and bandwidth are better with mesh.

I've had the TP-Link Deco (look like smoke detectors) mesh setup for a couple years. No problems. I found a 2 pack that covered my house.

Terry has great internet. I found there are only two thing you really need. A small trencher, and a few hundred feet of cable.

Make sure you run the trencher and lay the wire when Terry is at work. He leaves about 8am m-f and gets home around 5:30pm.

Also note every other Friday Terry gets home about 1pm.

Good luck

Bought this last year and works great. Simple to get connected. Will sling both 2.4 and 5GHz.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgea...-range-extender-white/3055085.p?skuId=3055085

NETGEAR AC750 WiFi Range Extender boosts your existing WiFi by increasing your range and speed. It compatible with any standard WiFi router to deliver AC750 dual band WiFi with up to 750 Mbps. A Gigabit Ethernet port provides WiFi connectivity to a wired device like Blu-ray players, game consoles, smart TVs or streaming players over your existing WiFi network. Just plug it into any outlet and experience the difference.

Features
Next Generation WiFi
Create faster dual band WiFi access with 802.11ac technology up to 750 Mbps.

Two WiFi Modes
Extender mode to boost existing WiFi Access Point mode to create new AC WiFi access.

Gigabit Ethernet Port
Connect a wired device like a game console, smart TV, or streaming player to your WiFi network.

Simultaneous Dual Band WiFi
Extend 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi up to 750 Mbps & reduce interference.

External Antennas
For better WiFi coverage & more speed.

figured I'd bump rather than start a new thread. We've been on the Xfinity gateway dual modem/router with the pods set up. We were still getting dead spots at the furthest ends of our split level ranch house. Last night I set up the eero and everything is humming. When I get home this evening, I plan to activate the bridge on the Xfinity device and shut down our old network which should give us an even stronger signal on the new network. It looks like I can actually sell my box of 6 Xfinity pods and offset all but $50 of the cost of the eero system, should I desire to do so.

VN Store

Back