Need Jeep Help - Service Center Ripping me off?

There's an old saying that rang true many times...

The only reason to put a winch on a LC is to pull Jeeps out.

dont pay another red cent. 17 year mechanic here. they r takin you for a ride/inept technicians. was the check engine light off when you picked it up the first time? is the coolant actually low? they could be charging you oodles just to clear a code off the cars computer. try removing the posotive cable from the battery for say...30 minutes. should clear the light. if it comes back they haven't been truthful with you. cylinder misfire is usually caused by a faulty plug/coil pack. any coolant leak would cause an overheat condition in the weather we have been having plus it would be in the oil if the coolant leaked from the headgasket into the cylinder.

Good point. I have on occasion asked to see itemized bill, and then tell them open the hood and show me where the new part is so I can verify I got a new part, and the empty box the part came out of to match to the bill. Not unreasonable to ask for this if you think its sketchy.

Sorry if any dealership mechanics in here, but those are the last ones I'd use or trust. And they are up-sellers, so each thing additional wrong when you left could have been set up by them to fail if they are a crooked dealer. And there are a few. Local Honda dealership in Cookeville has several lawsuits filed on them. Forging a mothers signature on a loan so the daughter could buy a car. Not giving trade-in credit, then stripping the car for parts before the owner could get car back. Atleast 4 major scams. Don't know how they are still open.

VN Store

Back