Need Help Vol Family

I am so sorry to hear of your anguish. God will see you and your family through this as long as He is allowed to. You will never get over your loss but you can get get through it.

Several years ago my sister lost her first born daughter in a car accident. My sister has taken it a day at a time and she is making it through. May God be with you and stand by you.

I know its a crazy time to be posting, but I was arguing with some people on here Saturday afternoon after doing some yard work--just for a little fun. A few minutes later a state trooper pulled up in front of my house. They came inside to let me know my son had been killed in a car accident across town. I've not slept much since then. He was the light of my life and I'm not sure why I'm even posting this, except I remember others on here I helped out--a very little--when it was needed. I don't need help. I don't think I even need prayers. I prayed for his life and safety almost every day for years, so I'll skip the prayers. It is just unnatural to outlive a young, vital, beautiful, engaging young guy. As a parent, you know you should always go first. I'm pissed right now, but I'll say. Hold the ones you love closely. Let them know how much you love them.

I’m sorry for your loss, but sure that your Son's in a good place now. My prayers are with you.

So so sorry for your loss. Don’t know you nor you family but my heart is heavy with you. One of my friends 15 year old son took his own life 2 weeks ago. I have a 2 year old boy. No one should ever have to bury their own baby.

I know its a crazy time to be posting, but I was arguing with some people on here Saturday afternoon after doing some yard work--just for a little fun. A few minutes later a state trooper pulled up in front of my house. They came inside to let me know my son had been killed in a car accident across town. I've not slept much since then. He was the light of my life and I'm not sure why I'm even posting this, except I remember others on here I helped out--a very little--when it was needed. I don't need help. I don't think I even need prayers. I prayed for his life and safety almost every day for years, so I'll skip the prayers. It is just unnatural to outlive a young, vital, beautiful, engaging young guy. As a parent, you know you should always go first. I'm pissed right now, but I'll say. Hold the ones you love closely. Let them know how much you love them.

You are in our prayers and God will help you and your family through this tough time. I know it seems impossible right now but lean on God for comfort. Four months ago at 1:24 am on a Sunday morning me and my wife was awaken with a phone call from our youngest daughter. Her youngest son, our grandson had had a UTV accident and he didn't make it. Just turned 21, her my son in law and other son, just two years older than his brother were at the scene waiting on the ambulance when she called. I'm telling you this because I want you to know that even though we are better and we think of Jaxson every day we still have to ask for Gods comfort and strength to get us through some days. Just know that you are not alone and we are sending up prayers for you and your family.

I'm so sorry...I'm dealing this week with the sudden death of my mother that I
no longer have a mom and dad but nothing can compare to losing a child.. the only advice I can give is to try and stay busy and join a support group...time helps but never can totally heal...I generally suggest a book by CS Lewis called A Grief Observed..it was his personal struggle after losing his wife to cancer after only getting to be with her a short time..u can read it free online
A Grief Observed

I don't even know what to say man, except I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't understand that hurt, or pretend to. I do know this much about the people here. We fight and fuss constantly about spirts, politics, etc. In the end though, we've come to love more than just the Vols, we genuinely connect and care. When someone says they're thinking, or praying for you, I believe that. Please believe that my heart is broken for you, and we're here if you need to just vent.

Thank everyone for the kind thoughts and remarks. I know the football forum isn't the place to post something like this. It's just I hadn't slept in a couple of days, was dealing with my wife and daughter's extreme grief, and had hit the bottle for a couple of drinks. Luckily, we have a very strong network of friends, neighbors and family. We'll eventually get to the point where we don't spend about half the day crying. I'm sure we'll make it in time. Thanks again guys.

Thank everyone for the kind thoughts and remarks. I know the football forum isn't the place to post something like this. It's just I hadn't slept in a couple of days, was dealing with my wife and daughter's extreme grief, and had hit the bottle for a couple of drinks. Luckily, we have a very strong network of friends, neighbors and family. We'll eventually get to the point where we don't spend about half the day crying. I'm sure we'll make it in time. Thanks again guys.
Sorry Don my heart goes out to you and yours.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. Keep the faith and take it day by day.

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
There’s nothing I can say that hasn’t been said already.

I have 2 sons myself, and the mere thought of such a thing is so painful it brings tears to my eyes.

I hope in time that you will find a way to deal with such an overwhelming loss. My heart goes out to you, and I pray for comfort for your family.

VN Store

Back