Need Help on Pigeon Forge Rental

I don't. I lived in Morristown then. Where was it?

It was a family-style, and family-run restaurant on the right side as you went towards GB, maybe just past where Old Mill Rd is now. We went there all the time when I was growing up. We were in the Smokies almost every weekend. Not many trails, paths, or out-of the-way places i haven't been in those mountains, although the years have clouded my memories.

But I do remember the ladies in long dresses bringing platters of fried chicken, pork, and beef to the table, along with bowl after bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, corn, okra, and more. Then, it was apple or peach cobbler and a big bowl of vanilla ice cream. It was an Amish restaurant before the Amish got big. When you're young and can eat like a horse, I did.

Then we'd go hike it off over the weekend on the AT, or any of a thousand hikes/walks in the Smokies. I miss those days. Back then, I wasn't fast, but I could run all day. Now, I'm even slower, and a 100 yard foot chase leaves me looking around for the Squad and an oxygen tank.

I miss those days. I remember when it was a few miles between Sevierville and Pigeon Forge. Now, they meet at a traffic light.

(sigh)

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
we always use CabinsUSA. they have cabins in G"burg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville and all surrounding areas. Not the cheapest but reasonably priced and always clean. A plus is you can pay over time not on a set plan.

Taking grandkids to the Ms State game in October and was thinking of renting a cabin/condo in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg for a few days.
It's fall break here for schools.
Anyone have any suggestions, good deals etc?
Thanks
We're staying in Brother's Cove again this year. The cabin we use is booked, but maybe there's something else available.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back