TENNESSEE

Roster
Schedule
UT Game Notes (PDF)
Stats

1639191556012-png.419486

Go Lady Vols

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the actual game times will be announced for the Women's March Madness?

Besides the ACC with 8 teams and the remaining 3 P5s with 6 teams? No...

So there is a screwing of mid majors here that I don’t like. ACC shouldn’t have gotten 8 teams in, they weren’t that good this season imo and 3 conferences with 6 teams in?

So there is a screwing of mid majors here that I don’t like. ACC shouldn’t have gotten 8 teams in, they weren’t that good this season imo and 3 conferences with 6 teams in?
How so? Louisville, NCST, GT, VT, ND and UNC all deserves in, and FSU and Miami had solid enough records to justify inclusion

If any P5 school got in that was undeserving, it was Arkansas as they were the only at large P5 team with a losing conference record.

Hopefully the second round Men's game isn't smack dab on top of the women's game.

Knowing how much the NCAA hates us, it wouldn't surprise me
I was thinking that. Our game Thursday is at 2:45-- It would be just like them to do that same time on Saturday.

Hopefully the second round Men's game isn't smack dab on top of the women's game.

Knowing how much the NCAA hates us, it wouldn't surprise me

If the NCAA hated us, there have been a couple seasons recently where they could have left us out of the tourney. The committee wants us in the tourney because of the audience draw(TV and in person). I am sure they hate it when the TV shows a small crowd but they don’t have to worry about that when Tennessee plays, especially when we are playing at home.

Attachments

• 98456817-B99D-46A8-BCBC-F1A588094D86.png
    98456817-B99D-46A8-BCBC-F1A588094D86.png
    1 MB · Views: 27
  • FEB46481-7A83-46EC-994F-438B91EFC1D9.png
    FEB46481-7A83-46EC-994F-438B91EFC1D9.png
    1 MB · Views: 26
If the NCAA hated us, there have been a couple seasons recently where they could have left us out of the tourney. The committee wants us in the tourney because of the audience draw(TV and in person). I am sure they hate it when the TV shows a small crowd but they don’t have to worry about that when Tennessee plays, especially when we are playing at home.

Even in the LVs worst season, the 19-13, 2018-19 season, the LVs were an 11 seed and were never on "the bubble." So, no, there have not been couple of seasons, where the LVs were truly at the mercy of the selection committee. [Corrected on edit: I was wrong. LVs were a bubble team in 2018-19.]

Last edited:
Even in the LVs worst season, the 19-13, 2018-19 season, the LVs were an 11 seed and were never on "the bubble." So, no, there have not been couple of seasons, where the LVs were truly at the mercy of the selection committee.

P5's don't get seeded below 11 seed, even if on the bubble. They were completely on the bubble during Holly's final season and Kellie's first.

Y'all, the more I study the first round slate the more convinced I am that Tennessee drew one of the best candidates for being capable of making a Cinderella run. They've got size, they've got outstanding guards, they're well coached, and they're on a heckuva wave of momentum after kicking butt to win a tough league. IMO we have definitely drew the toughest 13 seed.

Was hoping to see a deep dive into Buffalo. They have the dynamic quick guard Fair, but was curious about their style of play and what their strengths and weaknesses are from a team standpoint.

Update: Buffalo is a good rebounding team, they get to the line often and shoot 73% from there. They score well but don’t defend well. This team could give us headaches due to their strong rebounding and ability to draw fouls …TK can’t afford early foul trouble which is a strong possibility. I’m hoping for the best but this may not be a good matchup for us. Hoping we can score against them.

Buffalo got in foul trouble against South Carolina. We don’t use our height to our advantage as well as SC but maybe they can also get in foul trouble against us. This will be an interesting one.

Last edited:
Sorry to post this here if its already been talked about. I dont have time to search multiple threads. How is Jordan and is she playing anytime soon?

VN Store

Back