NCAA06

lukeneyland

God Save the Heup
I recently ordered an old Xbox and a copy of NCAA 06. What a game! It's passing game is clunky and so are the audibles. But aside from that it's brilliant. The AI actually plays great Defense and pretty solid Offense. On Heisman it is a really challenging game. Tennessee is ranked number 2 in the game because it's before everything went to ****. It's refreshing looking at a world where Tennessee is elite. Crowd noise actually effects your players ratings on offense it's brilliant! There are also Hundreds of classic teams to pick from. The 98 and 38 title teams are both on there. You can also play as an all time Tennessee team. Here are a few famous names included on that roster. Reggie White, Heath Shuler, Peyton, Johnny effing Majors, Dough Atkins, Jason Witten, John Henderson, Al Wilson. And that's just to name a few. Other schools also have all time teams. So players like Vick, Brees, Bo Jackson are included as well. Do any of y'all play this? I haven't played it in 15 years until last night. We also have our 1970s away uniform in the game with the orange shoulders. It's amazing sorry for the rambling post

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
My favorite thing about the old games is how challenging the CPU can be. On the current Madden the CPU still lets you walk all over them on the maximum difficulty

NCAA 12 was my favorite in the series. The Dynasty Mode was awesome - I think I liked the recruiting and coaching carousel aspects of the game more than actual gameplay.

Still my favorite NCAA Football game, soundtrack was awesome also.

Reactions: UTK
Awesome NCAA, probably the best one of all time to be honest. The whole ps2/Xbox area were the best. Honestly 07-13 really weren't anything special, thankfully 14 was great but even so....6 long years later, it's time. Give us another one dammit

Awesome NCAA, probably the best one of all time to be honest. The whole ps2/Xbox area were the best. Honestly 07-13 really weren't anything special, thankfully 14 was great but even so....6 long years later, it's time. Give us another one dammit
It's like once it hit the new console they lost all of there creativity

I play it exclusively. There’s a website called NCAA06revival run by a guy who also happens to be a vol fan. We talk a lot about the insane variety of stuff you can do in 06. Me? I run the ball and then call the play action and score a touchdown. Not tired of it yet.

The PS5 is supposed to support backwards compatibility with the PS4. If they go 1 more generation back to PS3 and allow NCAA to be played on the old EA servers, they’ll unlock a slough of fans.

I play it exclusively. There’s a website called NCAA06revival run by a guy who also happens to be a vol fan. We talk a lot about the insane variety of stuff you can do in 06. Me? I run the ball and then call the play action and score a touchdown. Not tired of it yet.
That's cool I'm gonna check that out thanks for bringing it up

NCAA 12 was my favorite in the series. The Dynasty Mode was awesome - I think I liked the recruiting and coaching carousel aspects of the game more than actual gameplay.

Is that the one where your players would randomly get suspended for off the field stuff?

Is that the one where your players would randomly get suspended for off the field stuff?
Don't remember player suspensions, but would have been a nice, realistic touch.

My favorite thing to do in that game was take a struggling program that wasn't in a great position in its own conference and make them better. Favorite season was with Colorado. I don't know if the game intentionally did this to try and help you, but in my first recruiting class I was able to land the #1 dual-threat QB out of California. Had strong interest in Colorado from the get go, and I didn't even have to recruit him all that much before he committed. Went something like 7-5 the first year; the QB was a great, elusive runner but couldn't really throw, plus the defense lacked speed. In the second year I think I only lost 1 game, won the Pac 12, and won the Rose Bowl. I wasn't able to replicate that success in subsequent years; I liked to play with it on the max difficulty setting and I enjoyed the recruiting aspect of it so much I got to where I simmed most of the games. About 4-5 years into that dynasty, I one year on the coaching carousel Steve Spurrier retired and was succeeded by his son, and they won the national championship the next season :D

VN Store

Back