NCAA Uniform Thread

I'm in the minority but I actually like Florida's uniforms. Well not the terrible alts you've had in the past decade or so, but the main ones.

And I know I'm in the extreme minority when I say I like the Florida blue jerseys/orange pants combo.

Also I know wearing white at home is LSU and Georgia Tech's thing, but I wish LSU would wear their purples at home for half their home games because those are really great yet we hardly see them. I know they wear them at home for 1 or 2 non-conferene home games but those are usually against weak teams. It would be nice to see them wear the purples at home against an SEC team, though again I get the tradition is white jerseys.

And I like Georgia Tech's early 90s look, though my favorite is when they'd wear navy jerseys with gold pants, but the white pants looked good too.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I'm in the minority but I actually like Florida's uniforms. Well not the terrible alts you've had in the past decade or so, but the main ones.

And I know I'm in the extreme minority when I say I like the Florida blue jerseys/orange pants combo.
This will also be an unpopular opinion and perceived weakness on my part, but every time I see those orange/blue/ white Gator uniforms it’s like a sense of impending doom. I don’t know how or when we’re going to F%## it up, but I know we will. I just want us to just once snap on them like Ralphie snapped on Scut Farkus in A Christmas Story and just beat the hell out of them. What was is 1990 and then 92 when we actually just beat them down?

This will also be an unpopular opinion and perceived weakness on my part, but every time I see those orange/blue/ white Gator uniforms it’s like a sense of impending doom. I don’t know how or when we’re going to F%## it up, but I know we will. I just want us to just once snap on them like Ralphie snapped on Scut Farkus in A Christmas Story and just beat the hell out of them. What was is 1990 and then 92 when we actually just beat them down?

Yep. 1990 was 45-3, Dale Carter took the second half kickoff to the house. 1992 was 31-14 Mose Phillips took a short pass from Shuler to the house and check the time.

2003 is the closest to a beating we've given them since.

Also I know wearing white at home is LSU and Georgia Tech's thing, but I wish LSU would wear their purples at home for half their home games because those are really great yet we hardly see them. I know they wear them at home for 1 or 2 non-conferene home games but those are usually against weak teams. It would be nice to see them wear the purples at home against an SEC team, though again I get the tradition is white jerseys.

And I like Georgia Tech's early 90s look, though my favorite is when they'd wear navy jerseys with gold pants, but the white pants looked good too.
Loved the GT uniforms in the early 70’s. Gold helmet with white GT, gold jerseys, and white pants. Great helmet.

"Era" uniforms I like

Rich Rod West Virginia 05-07 all white away
Urban Meyer Utah 2004 all white away
Kelly and Helfrich Oregon 10-15 most of them
Art Briles Baylor 12-15 - all black chrome gold helmets
Don James Washington early 90's - classic
Bobby Petrino Louisville mid 2000's - all black
Antwaan Randle El QB Indiana late 90's

How can I add more fuel to this discussion? Hmmm... Ok I got it.

Michael Jordan is a narcissistic prick from UNC who’s logo I don’t want on our football uniforms because he was a basketball player . There, that’s my reasoning . I will not be convinced otherwise. Doesn’t change the fact that some schools have chosen to be under the Jordan/Jumpman umbrella. There is nothing any different or special with the football uniforms with the Jordan Logo than there is with having a swoosh. It’s up to personal preference and your feelings about MJ .

@Lawrence Wright
So am I going to have to go back on my words and at least get something Jordan Brand now that Zion signed with them?

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
You could say that about 5 years ago. For the life of me I can't understand why so many teams think getting a black uniform is some kind of unique thing.

At least the gray obsession seems to have died down.
Gray at least looks so much better than black. I just wish everyone would collectively decide to go back to something like 1967 uniforms.

Reactions: Rejo

VN Store

Back