NCAA tourney thread (post UT loss)

Maybe not but the big picture is going to change for everyone in the coming years.

I wish I agreed. I don’t see anything changing anytime soon with the 11.7

Not in this world where we hear about this stupid equal pay for women athletes when in fact they already get more revenue shares. Title 9 is the problem in the Particular area

I wish I agreed. I don’t see anything changing anytime soon with the 11.7

Not in this world where we hear about this stupid equal pay for women athletes when in fact they already get more revenue shares. Title 9 is the problem in the Particular area

This is a beginning to the end of Title IX

This is a beginning to the end of Title IX

Wow i really wish I could see how

Just to be clear I don’t oppose title 9 entirely. I have a daughter and want her to have every opportunity possible but I don’t support title 9 when it takes away opportunities from males. I believe that happens regarding scholarships

Reactions: RollerVol
Wow i really wish I could see how

Just to be clear I don’t oppose title 9 entirely. I have a daughter and want her to have every opportunity possible but I don’t support title 9 when it takes away opportunities from males. I believe that happens regarding scholarships

We have a different view.

Title IX is a minimum standard. As you correctly imply, it was put in place to provide young ladies with the same opportunities as young men.

As it relates to college sports, it’s an outdated law/rule.

TV revenue wasn’t a thing back then, now it is, and on multiple levels.

The money is out of control and there’s no reason not to dole that money out in a different way, in a way that benefits the young men and women...equally.

And, it makes college more affordable for everyone, which is why what Texas is doing is interesting.

We have a different view.

Title IX is a minimum standard. As you correctly imply, it was put in place to provide young ladies with the same opportunities as young men.

As it relates to college sports, it’s an outdated law/rule.

TV revenue wasn’t a thing back then, now it is, and on multiple levels.

The money is out of control and there’s no reason not to dole that money out in a different way, in a way that benefits the young men and women...equally.

And, it makes college more affordable for everyone, which is why what Texas is doing is interesting.

The problem with 11.7 is there are plenty of smaller schools that can’t even afford to fully fund it now. That’s why they will
Never vote for an increase. It’s pretty much the same level of thinking of why the 3 assistant thing didn’t pass.

The problem with 11.7 is there are plenty of smaller schools that can’t even afford to fully fund it now. That’s why they will
Never vote for an increase. It’s pretty much the same level of thinking of why the 3 assistant thing didn’t pass.

I get that, but that ain’t a power 5 problem

“Despite many FSU fans wanting Cox and his pro-style passing offense, FSU hired Bowden in January 1976.
The Seminoles opened their proverbial checkbook to give their new coach a four-year contract with an annual salary of … $37,500.”

Now, our OC makes 1.5 million/season...

The landscape of college athletics has changed, financially. It is now big business, over the last 40 or so years, the money has grown astronomically, but we are still playing by 40 year old rules.

Now if they had just at any point, said “we can do better than Title IX”, there would be more of a balance between what the players in all sports get and what the coaches make and the facilities that get built.

I know one thing for sure the buy outs these coaches get, would be a thing of the past, the whole structure of contracts would change and come back to some sort of reality.

I like to think, somebody, somewhere, will at some point do the right thing. 11.7 is just one outdated concept wrapped inside of Title IX but it might be the easiest, and cheapest of those concepts to be updated.

JMO

VN Store

Back