NCAA tourney thread (post UT loss)

On paper they were not supposed to be, but that is why they play the games.

They have been impressive.
FYI: They were ranked in the preseason top 20 it’s more like they played bad for stretches of their season. I think they could complete in the SEC.

SEC teams may want to throw their Sunday starter on Friday's against Vandy next year.......
winning 10 games in the SEC is tough and 2/3’s of the way to a Regional bid. Vanderbilt with Rocker may already have that for next 2 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: RollerVol
Ok boys, tell me the play tomorrow

I bet 4:1 on Vandy it win it all back before the tourney started. I bet 2 units so I stand to win 8 if Vandy wins tomorrow.

Looks like Mich is going to be around +150 tomorrow.

Do I

1) bet Michigan at +300 risking 2units which means I cant lose. I win 6 units if Vandy wins and 1 unit if michigan wins

2) Or let it ride and win 8 units with a Vandy win or lose 2 units if mich wins

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Rocker has gotten real good real fast.
His fast ball, curve & slider mixture is electric. What's more his manner on the mound is quite focused & mature. Freshman? Just heard that when he turns 21, he may declare for the draft. In college baseball, they must stay through their junior year, but this is an exception of which I wasn't aware. Anyhow, Rocker saved vandie's bacon again Tuesday.

I bet 4:1 on Vandy it win it all back before the tourney started. I bet 2 units so I stand to win 8 if Vandy wins tomorrow.

Do I

1) bet Michigan at +300 risking 2units which means I cant lose. I win 6 units if Vandy wins and 1 unit if michigan wins

Thoughts?

I have one piece of advice:

bet with your gut and not your heart........ It worked in 2018 Pick'em so it should work now

Do I

Thoughts?

Vandy...let it ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Playing field is definitely not level.
Tell me when the playing field has ever been level in college athletics. I am all for full scholarships for baseball, as well as paying a third assistant, but let’s get real. Vanderbilt has been at a disadvantage in every single sport for decades because it’s simply not a level playing field. Life isn’t fair and you just deal with it.

Tell me when the playing field has ever been level in college athletics. I am all for full scholarships for baseball, as well as paying a third assistant, but let’s get real. Vanderbilt has been at a disadvantage in every single sport for decades because it’s simply not a level playing field. Life isn’t fair and you just deal with it.

How has Vandy been at a disadvantage in all sports?

Don’t give me the bs about admissions. They can control that.

You are in perhaps the greatest city in America.

You control your facilities. Spend some damn money

Thanks BruinVol. I was going to say the same things. Vanderbilt has the money to do what it wants. No the playing field will never be level with Vandy being able to spend the money it has to bring in athletes and facilities. They just choose how level they want to make it. And don't give me that we have high standards stuff. I know personally some of their players in various sports and they make a kid work if they really want him.

Do I

Thoughts?

what did you decide? Let us know so we can root for ya' or against ya" :)

Dear JJ Bleday, stay away from the dogpile.......you will be a very rich man tomorrow if you don't get hurt!

OT

Edit: I'm signing the contract in about 30 minutes......

VN Store

Back