NCAA Tournament team this season?

#15 UK and #16 TAMU were not among the Top 16 in the reveal. #13 Maryland had an 8 seed. #20 Iowa seeded 15 and #21 NW seeded 16. The Big Ten is getting some respect and the SEC may not be so strong right now according to the selection committee.

The SEC right now have 7 teams that will make the field, Now with that said the SEC could get a 8th team in it depends on how Ala,GA,FL,Vandy play coming down the home stretch. Right now i think Ala has the best chance if they do there home work.

The SEC right now have 7 teams that will make the field, Now with that said the SEC could get a 8th team in it depends on how Ala,GA,FL,Vandy play coming down the home stretch. Right now i think Ala has the best chance if they do there home work.

SC, MSST, TAMU, UK, Tennessee, and Arkansas will all probably get in. I have my doubts about LSU, depending on how they play if in fact Ayanna Mitchell is lost for the season. I'm not sure any other team has the resume to get in.

Creme has Tennessee as a 8 seed, but LSU as a 6?? Shouldn't it be the other way around. If Tennessee can win out, wouldn't that get them in the top 16+?

Reactions: Ladyvol777
Creme has Tennessee as a 8 seed, but LSU as a 6?? Shouldn't it be the other way around. If Tennessee can win out, wouldn't that get them in the top 16+?
Creme uses the rpi as his major tool for making the determination of who gets what seed. Right now their Rpi is 21 and ours is 43. We have a win or two more than they do. We'll either change that in the next few games or drop even lower like a 10 or 11 all depends on how many we win out of the next four. If we were to win out I positively think we'd be a four. I don't think we'll win out.

Pac 12 is far better conference this season. Even SC would have a few losses in that conference.

I`m not to sure about that ? They are strong at all 5 positions on the floor and that comes from recruiting and good coaching i think.

I`m not to sure about that ? They are strong at all 5 positions on the floor and that comes from recruiting and good coaching i think.
They would lose at Oregon for sure and probably at Stanford and UCLA. They could lose at Arizona or Arizona State. They almost lost at home to Mississippi State and they would not to win at every location in the Pac 12 on the road.

#15 UK and #16 TAMU were not among the Top 16 in the reveal. #13 Maryland had an 8 seed. #20 Iowa seeded 15 and #21 NW seeded 16. The Big Ten is getting some respect and the SEC may not be so strong right now according to the selection committee.

At the time of the reveal both Howard and Carter were dealing with injuries I think? I would guess that played into the decision making some. Both are a massive part of what their team does offensively. So it would make sense that if they were out the committee would have been more cautious with their predictions for both teams.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
A small miracle if UT makes it in

The next three are against three of the four worst teams in the SEC. I agree it's not a given but if they win all 3 they should be okay. Not great, but okay. If they lose one of 'em ... well now. Better they just leave that hypothetical and punch up three more Ws.

I'm not enough of a masochist to want the Lady Vols in the NCAA tourney. Can you imagine how Baylor would wipe the floor with them?

Since they are in now after the Arkansas game don't see how they would be out if they win the next three games. The purpose of getting in will be that they will still be the team that has played in every NCAA Tourney since it began. That is an accomplishment that needs to continue.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Since they are in now after the Arkansas game don't see how they would be out if they win the next three games. The purpose of getting in will be that they will still be the team that has played in every NCAA Tourney since it began. That is an accomplishment that needs to continue.
Played better at Arky than I was expecting. Had chance but just too many unforced TOs as has been the case last and this year.

Reactions: Volfan2012
The pressure will be on us Sunday vs Vandy. Think Kellie will bring up last year vs Vandy at home. I still do not see how they lost that game and still got in the tourney. I see maybe a 6 seed Missouri state vs 11 seed Tennessee?

Damn, I miss Pat Summitt. There were never any "NCAA Tournament team this season?" threads on here from 2004-12. We were so spoiled. We actually used to complain about being the second best team in the country. We may never have it that good again, but we can definitely do better than the status quo.

Fulmer should not have limited the coaching search to just Tennessee alums.

Reactions: Nute Gunray

VN Store

Back